6.5 Match in Ballistic Gel

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
help an average joe shmoe shooter out here....

Isn't it possible for any bullet to get "unlucky", miss the ribs on the flight in, and then fly through nothing but lung... which is like pie meringue?

What tissue is there to even expand on in some cases?

That's exactly what happened with my buck this year - threaded between the ribs on both sides, touching only hide, lungs, and clipped the top of the heart. Mine went 20 yards and was DRT. Shot with a 143 ELD-X from a 6.5 man bun. Entry and exit were about the same size, and bullet wasted most of it's energy in the hill behind the deer.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were some issues with barnes when I first started reloading where the TSX occasionally had a blockage, or not well created hollow point. Best thing to do is take a pin and make sure the channel isnt blocked. I think this was really only an issue on small calibers, cuz the hole in bullets that are larger like 30 cal are also much larger. When they first came out with the tipped versions I bought a couple boxes, but but I wasnt able to get the same accuracy from the tipped versions as I did with the standard hollowpoint, so Ive reverted back to them. I havent bought any for years now because I really only use a couple a year, but Im at the point where I do need to load some up again... Im down to what fits in my stock elastic bullet holder thing, maybe 7 left... for my 243 at least, which seems to be the one I grab most often when its time to kill some deers. This is my 2nd tsx recovery from the 243 ever, doe from this year.

20211124_130659.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Barnes, they’re consistanter:

Attachments

1E166A7B-8FB5-45DD-AAED-00CFABC4611A.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126