Gas or Electric

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same thing with all large ocean going vessels, cruise liners, container ships, etc. NO WAY could a diesel motor be shifted from neutral to forward for these large vessels - the props are driven by electric motors.

Dont forget about the local draglines at Falkirk, Coteau, and BNI, those are 100% electric driven, have been since the day they were built, coal mining in ND has been green long before being green was cool

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
4AA19867-59E5-45F7-9ABA-9E2302BF6684.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ jahnr comes home to wifey

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont forget about the local draglines at Falkirk, Coteau, and BNI, those are 100% electric driven, have been since the day they were built, coal mining in ND has been green long before being green was cool

Don't forget the electric rope shovels, diesel over electric front end loaders and haul trucks.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
See thats all great and all, but that electricity comes directly from coal, NG, and any other fossil fuels.

Having an electric option, does not change the amount of fuel used to create that electricity.

farting in the wind doesn't mean you didn't fart.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget the electric rope shovels, diesel over electric front end loaders and haul trucks.

I had to google rope shovel

had no idea those old timey machines had an old timey name

- - - Updated - - -

or were so efficient

guess hydraulic systems are energy wasters compared to steel rope

those rope shovels are burned into my brain forever

P.D. Eastman = GOAT

Last edited:

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
See thats all great and all, but that electricity comes directly from coal, NG, and any other fossil fuels.

Having an electric option, does not change the amount of fuel used to create that electricity.

Nonsense, they run on magic electricity. The same stuff they are gonna use to power the electric cars.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yeah juanr ,but one needs to get "upwind" from your buddies on those windy days to make sure they understand "you did shit your pants"

I can relate to juanr life experiences,big difference between farting and trying to squeak one out after a 3 day bender,then "oop's"

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just tried to sell a gas ice auger I paid over $500 for $125 and had no interest whatsoever. Wow.
Whats the details on the auger and do you still have it/want to sell it? if so I might be interested.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, I ended up selling it for $100. Too bad I don't live in Winnipeg, people are selling beat-up augers for $350.
I gave my 30 year old Jiffy 3.0 to the boy, he has used it dozens of times already this year. I venture a bet the fancy battery one I replaced it with will never give me more than 10 years.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
TURN ON HEAT DEAR IN IS COLD IN CAR. oH WAIT ELECTRIC MOTOR MAKE NO HEAT HONEY.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77