lunkerslayer??

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is he the real deal or just a troll messing with this site?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
download.jpg

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some people are a lot different in person than they are behind a phony user name.
With those folks, I think they probably show their true colors behind the phony user name and in person it’s all an act.
I’m guessing a whole lot of personal insecurities manifest themselves this way.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one go back in to reread Reputation comments? One can see one's Reputation history when viewing new ones, but I don't know where to go to see them without the "Notifications" link to them.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is he the real deal or just a troll messing with this site?

Maybe he is the real deal and the rest of us are trolls? ;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are a lot different in person than they are behind a phony user name.
With those folks, I think they probably show their true colors behind the phony user name and in person it’s all an act.
I’m guessing a whole lot of personal insecurities manifest themselves this way.

A lot of times the written word comes across different than if it would have said in person. Body language and facial expressions are obviously lacking. We all have probably been burned with people taking what we wrote different than our intent.

Carry on. ;)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah you guys do realize you do need to find a hobby or something this is like the 3 thread on me now, I am just a normal guy really yes hiding behind a handle like everyone gives you the feeling of invincibility. regardless of what happens we will all die in the end if you don't like what i post I suggest you just ignore me. Pretty easy and simple process to follow and I suggest you use it before I give you a stroke because you shouldn't really be all worked over a social website.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a normal guy standing up for what he believes in on a great site that we're very fortunate to have, preach on!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If we all think the same life would get boring would-den-it. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
He just ate too many lead paint chips as a small child.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
UNLIKE GST, lunk IS NOT actively trying to destroy hunting and fishing as we know it. He is publicly stating what he thinks about a current and ongoing issue. So for those of you out there that would like to muzzle lunkerslayer, you MUST also be prepared to be muzzled yourself. You can not declare you have the right to free speech while simultaneously declaring others don't have the same right. That's the definition of a HYPOCRITE. Agree or Disagree with him, but he DOES have the right to say what he chooses and if we (the NDA membership) allow peer pressure and mob rule to dictate what can and can not be said here, WE will be lesser men for it. Let'er Rip Lunk!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
UNLIKE GST, lunk IS NOT actively trying to destroy hunting and fishing as we know it. He is publicly stating what he thinks about a current and ongoing issue. So for those of you out there that would like to muzzle lunkerslayer, you MUST also be prepared to be muzzled yourself. You can not declare you have the right to free speech while simultaneously declaring others don't have the same right. That's the definition of a HYPOCRITE. Agree or Disagree with him, but he DOES have the right to say what he chooses and if we (the NDA membership) allow peer pressure and mob rule to dictate what can and can not be said here, WE will be lesser men for it. Let'er Rip Lunk!!

So you allow Lunk freedom of speech but not GST - just checking.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you allow Lunk freedom of speech but not GST - just checking.

It's OK. GST rode these guys like a fat farm dog. He went hard. There was much talk of censoring him or voting for the boot. I called GST and told him maybe he should slow down a bit.

He said he wanted to be booted because this site was consuming too much time. He doubled down antagonizing members and got his wish.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

As someone who put on the uniform to defend our freedoms, I'm a firm believer in that we have to remember the right to free speech is not absolute. You can't run into a crowded movie theater and yell "fire", nor can you talk about bombing an airplane while going through TSA.

Lunk's problem is he flirts with, and occasionally violates his right to free speech in my opinion (remember, it's just my opinion), when he knowingly puts forth articles from satirical sites and proclaims them to be true. In particular, his characterization of the Commandant of the USMC and the links he provided to back it up. So we can sit here and say Lunk has the right of free speech, but when it crosses the line far enough to violate community standards, he can absolutely be at risk of getting the GST treatment. For if we aren't held responsible by the community, who are we to be held accountable by on this topic? Pretty sure none of us would like to see the randomly employed Ban Hammer of old dusted off and in use again.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me put it this way, while GST was almost always on the other side of the issue from the average ND outdoor enthusiast, that's far more defendable under the right to free speech than blatant lies and misinformation.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69