glow nocks LED thingies

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm ignorant of their utility. Somebody tell me why/when they're handy and which brand to buy.

To watch the flight? For aiding in recovery? Etc?

Thanks!

guywhoisoldschool

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Work well for recovery and following arrow path. Also fun target shooting at twilight hours. I've always used nockturnals with fairly good results.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're handy after you lose an arrow...I wish there was a Bluetooth tracker on my sons arrows...he's lost a lot trying to figure out shooting.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're handy after you lose an arrow...I wish there was a Bluetooth tracker on my sons arrows...he's lost a lot trying to figure out shooting.

Your prayers have been answered, not sure if they're legal for hunting in ND though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K6WBHL1/?tag=nodakangler10-20

- - - Updated - - -

Are they easy to install?

Do they change impact of arrow?

Super easy, pull out old nock, insert lighted nock. They are a few grains heavier than a normal nock.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
As stated, all you do is remove the original nock and install the lighted nock. In my experience the Nockturnals have not changed impact on my arrows, but the Lumenoks did. Most of the time it just helps you see where you shot the deer because that light is easy to follow as well as finding arrows on a pass through. In one instance I had an arrow stay in the deer I shot at last light and was able to follow everywhere he went just by watching that little light.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would not shoot without them and you can turn the light off to reuse. db

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love nocturnals. Have them on the kids' setups. I like to video when they take a shot at a deer. It's great to go back and easily see the arrow's path and where exactly the arrow entered the pump station. Also, very easy to find a lost arrow, and like others have said, u just turn it back off for the next hunt.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
nockturnals ordered

+1 on the Nocturnals, but whats this "ordering"? They have them on the shelf at Scheels.

Also, because they are heavier, ~23 grains vs 7-9 for a regular noc, and that weight is at the back of the arrow, you will lose a couple percentage points of FOC, and they may make your arrow shoot a bit lower at long range (60+). However, IMO, they're worth it to easily see exactly where you hit the animal.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nockturnals are my recommendation as well. They are heavier so it depends on your setup how that extra weight will effect your point of impact. I decided not to use them anymore just because of the extra weight.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1 on the Nocturnals, but whats this "ordering"? They have them on the shelf at Scheels.

Also, because they are heavier, ~23 grains vs 7-9 for a regular noc, and that weight is at the back of the arrow, you will lose a couple percentage points of FOC, and they may make your arrow shoot a bit lower at long range (60+). However, IMO, they're worth it to easily see exactly where you hit the animal.

Scheels is 10 miles and down in PITA traffic ville. [puke]

ebay is 0.0000000 miles.

I'm unlikely to stretch a shot to 40 in my scenarios. (high fence) :D

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd just suggest putting them on and target shooting a bit before hunting. For some reason on my son's bow they shoot all over the place compared to the factory ones. Out of my bow and my daughter's they fly just fine so we use them for hunting and he does not. I'm sure there's a good explanation for it and probably an adjustment but I don't know much about messing with that stuff so I figured no sense messing with his.

hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the nockturnals as well and they work good. I have noticed that the more you shoot them the looser the knockpoint gets and they want to fall off the string. I'm not sure if anyone else has experience this, but something to keep in mind. I only use them on my hunting arrows now. Still worth the money.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74