ND Vehicle Registration Renewal?

Should ND implement/allow renewing registration of all vehicles at the same time?

• Yes

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Dont care

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who would support changing the process so people would have the option to renew all their vehicle registration / license plate tabs at once. Personally it really irritates me that I have to do the renewal process 3x / year when I could just do it one time for all 3 vehicles...

Also this would be more efficient for the state, they could send them all in one envelope, less processing time etc.

I see this as a win/win for both the public and the state...

Any who object please state your reasoning, there could be something I am overlooking!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would you handle the different months between them and new vehicle registrations? Not everyone buys their vehicles the same month every year.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
MN allows it, I stop in once a yr and do my two pickups and two ATV's. There is no pro rating. One pickup is in April and the other in Oct

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just do it by last name here. Every august my tags a due. If you buy mid year just pro rate.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys register your vehicles??......Suckers!

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently noticed mine were expired..purchased my pickup in October, plates didn't get here till January and tabs expired in August?? Anyway a buddy told me about the kiosk at our local grocery store and all i can say is that deal worked out fantastic! Never going into the DMV again unless absolutely necessary!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, the kiosks sound like they work pretty well, so good on the State for implementing them.

I too wouldn't mind a once-year registration for all my vehicles.

FWIW, the State failed to send out my notification earlier this year for one of my vehicles and I ended up driving around with expired tags for a month before I noticed it. Or maybe it was the USPS that lost it, either way...I suppose I can blame someone within the govt.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently noticed mine were expired..purchased my pickup in October, plates didn't get here till January and tabs expired in August?? Anyway a buddy told me about the kiosk at our local grocery store and all i can say is that deal worked out fantastic! Never going into the DMV again unless absolutely necessary!

You can do it online easily also and they mail you the tags, but it would still be EASIER to do it once / year instead of every few months...

I also suggest this would be an OPTION, not required, some people might not want to have to pony up $500 in a single month for vehicle registrations, and would rather have it split up a bit...

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do all my DMV transactions at Triple A in CA - easy, peasy. We subscribed to Triple A when we started driving back to ND/Metigoshe when I retired.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I love is let’s say your tabs have been expired for nine months while the vehicle was parked in your garage not being used they still charge you for those nine months you didn’t use it instead of dating your tabs when you went in there to renew them. Total BS

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I love is let’s say your tabs have been expired for nine months while the vehicle was parked in your garage not being used they still charge you for those nine months you didn’t use it instead of dating your tabs when you went in there to renew them. Total BS

I think if you wait till 12 or 13 months expired, you can reregister with out having to pay for all the months in between. You gotta go in tho to fill out paperwork, or mail it in... PITA

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having your vehicle sit, unused in your garage, for 9 months with expired tabs really isn't an excuse. How do you prove that it sat unused? Everybody has an excuse. How about the guy who doesn't register it until he gets caught, then says "oh, I never use that vehicle, but I'll pay it up now that I've been caught.".

It's like not having or buying insurance until you need it.

"Only suckers pay for stuff they don't need".

Then you crash your vehicle, cause somebody $100K worth of damage or injury, THEN you go buy insurance.

Everybody hates the @sshole with no insurance. They crash into you, and YOUR insurance has to pay for the damage, and YOUR rates go up.

You register the "unused" vehicle, because a lot of people would lie and say they didn't realize it, until they get caught.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im curious about those voting 'no', I guess some people just dont like to make things easier for themselves? Or maybe they just dont like my profile picture... haha

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 4 vehicles, 3 motorcycles, a ranger, and 4 trailers that all need to be licensed.
The bikes, ranger, and trailers all renew at the same time, no reason the 4 vehicles could not be lumped into that same time frame.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im curious about those voting 'no', I guess some people just dont like to make things easier for themselves? Or maybe they just dont like my profile picture... haha

I would guess it would either be the hassle of pro-rating the registration fees, or the expense of licensing multiple vehicles all at the same time.

Neither would be a huge detriment to me, as we haven't got that many toys, but I could​ see it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76