How's the fall bite?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's the fall bite for everyone so far? Not talking specifics, just generalities. It's been tough to call it fall with the temps. Water temps most places I've fished have been low 60's. The bite has been poor in most places, Oahe included for me recently. Hoping to get in a fair bit of fishing late when the camo/orange army is out and about. I'm curious as it seems when the fall bite is "good", it's good in most places, and vice versa. Hoping the cooler weather coming will help things out a bit!

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a very good bite on Sak. for me, especially for this time of year. Nice to not have to scrape frost to go out. :)

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sak has been allot of fun again this year, never slowing down going into fall "as long as you followed the bite". Graphed a pile of fish the yesterday but you had to work for them.
Lake was glass and it looked like it turned over so that wasn't helping matters. But we ended up catching most of them on a point in 30-50 ft, minnows and worms both worked, felt like july out accept we were the only boat for miles!#$%^&>
20211004_205320.jpg

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to see there are folks out enjoying this nice weather! With the pheasant openers coming up down here I will be off the water for a few weeks. Then hope to hit it hard till ice up. The weather coming next week could be interesting and should crash the water temps a bit. Looking like a good possibility of rain and even the dreaded SNOW for some. Get the bibs and coat out, fun fishing ahead!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69