The Migration is ON!

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard and saw a small flock of Speckled Geese NE of Bismarck this morning! They were heading NE and in the Stratosphere so not in a big hurry to fly over ND. :cool:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
seen they killed some specs and cranes up there last week. Still way to nice in canada so calendar birds are moving but still no real push.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was about the west coast people moving here just met some of my new neighbors that came from Washington out of 5 houses on my side of the block I am the only one not from Washington, and they did not know any of of them previously

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just kidding about the migration being on. Most birds will stay in CA until the showballs fly in ND! :(

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bro lives in Washington. they are moving because all the Californians are moving to Washington.

You can buy 2 houses in Washington for the price of one in Cali and probably 5 houses here.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bro lives in Washington. they are moving because all the Californians are moving to Washington.

You can buy 2 houses in Washington for the price of one in Cali and probably 5 houses here.
This whole west coast thing is a real shit show. Driving Real Estate prices through the roof.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

all the Californians and Washington’s are moving to Idaho. Locals favorite saying fucking Californians

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was grilling at 6:30 and a flock of around 2 dozen geese flew over, high enough that I couldn't make out what they were. Noise they were making was specks and maybe a few snows mixed in.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did see some guys shoot a limit of specks in ND with a couple random snows so some must be around. I did hear not many lessers or cranes have moved in like they normally have by now.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cormorants are here in force. Have yet to see or hear much for cranes in W SD. Seems like it is getting later and later that they move through. I'd bargain that the calendar birds have shifted too. I've seen literally 10's of thousands of specks in Canada way later than I ever would have thought or heard of based on the calendar. Fun, fun birds to hunt! Hope this front coming through motivates a few more!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hunting recently near the SD border in minn....Pelicans,large #'s very few geese so far,few divers showing up.Been a beautiful fall so far,tree colors are peaking,great time of year.No skeeter's but dang flies...

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm up by Bottineau and we have been shooting cranes since opener, there is probably more cranes here this year than the past couple. I am very surprised with the number of Specks here also.

Did see some guys shoot a limit of specks in ND with a couple random snows so some must be around. I did hear not many lessers or cranes have moved in like they normally have by now.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard geese flying overhead last night while I was trying to trick walleyes. Not honkers, but never saw them. about 11:00 PM.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard geese flying overhead last night while I was trying to trick walleyes. Not honkers, but never saw them. about 11:00 PM.

Specks. Heard them last night over Bismarck too. Seems there's always a push of them pheasant opener weekend.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
have seen specs and today i believe some new mallards showed up in my area so some might be trickling in

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm up by Bottineau and we have been shooting cranes since opener, there is probably more cranes here this year than the past couple. I am very surprised with the number of Specks here also.

Nice! some reports from further south in the state said they hadn’t seen many cranes or lessers yet this year but did hear my grandpa got a limit of big geese so that was good news. Specks haven’t been stopping through in the recent years like they used to ten years ago. Still haven’t shot one 🙁….

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75