New To Hunting Help Appreciated!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Logan,here ya go KDM has a big heart,never met the man but he sends a good message and has a soft spot for young hunters,connect with this man,wealth of knowledge and hunting opprotunities for you,balls in your court bud,great opprotunity for you Logan.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If your not busy over Teachers convention , I will take you to MN Deer hunting. The youth deer season is Going on then. From [FONT=&quot]Thursday, Oct. 21, through Sunday, Oct. 24.

Just let me know[/FONT]

Happycamper

Honored Member
Thanks KDM, Dirty and others who offered positive responses.
Logan is the real deal, I'm "the guy" who suggested he put his notice on this site.
He has hunted on my place for two seasons and I would be more than happy to continue mentoring him but this year my hunting camp is pretty quiet as I've been blindsided by a medical condition that keeps me homebound.
We all have gear stashed and taking up space. Last year I gave him my bow and accessories because I was forced to switch to a crossbow.
Your generosity and honest, positive advice will be greatly appreciated.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks KDM, Dirty and others who offered positive responses.
Logan is the real deal, I'm "the guy" who suggested he put his notice on this site.
He has hunted on my place for two seasons and I would be more than happy to continue mentoring him but this year my hunting camp is pretty quiet as I've been blindsided by a medical condition that keeps me homebound.
We all have gear stashed and taking up space. Last year I gave him my bow and accessories because I was forced to switch to a crossbow.
Your generosity and honest, positive advice will be greatly appreciated.

Well then, that being the case. I'd be more than happy to be a "pinch hitter" for you HC until you can take back over. I've got enough spots with stands and landowners to help that I'm pretty sure we as a bunch of old greybeards can get Logan on a deer. Whether or not he can hit it with a pointy stick, is up to him. PM me his phone number HC and I'll get in touch with him. We'll see what we can do.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
jaunr quote:hahaha.

nice one mr. farts

Hey now,there is only one #guyfartnpoopin....let's not get confused.

Logan Stegmiller

Bisman online is a good site for used gear but you gotta be patient because some folks ask for way too much money for what they are selling. Eventually good deals will show up, but you gotta be quick to reply.

As for Nodak angler, you can get good help here but beware…Lotta assholes on this site who think they are way cooler than they really are and have convinced themselves they are funny and smart when they are neither. I’m guessing you’ve met the same kind of people in high school and work, but the ones on this site are also full of courage because they are able to use a phony user name to hide behind, and they’ve already failed miserably at life so they really have nothing to lose by being a total dick. They have nothing to gain either, but aren’t smart enough to realize that. Lotta good folks here too though who love to just help people. You will sort them all out in a hurry, it isn’t hard!

As for deer, I really, really, really, really would encourage you to Spend a little coin for a blind (avoid the cheap ones and buy one with really good reviews that will last awhile). if you ever do get access to some land. Spend your walking time scouting around for a place to put it and then put the walking to rest. Access is very tricky though, good luck. Landowners are like the guys on this site…many are very friendly and generous and a few are total turds. Can’t hunt without em though, so learn to knock on doors and be gracious in success and defeat. Worst they can do is tell you “no” and they have every right to do so. Harder to get access for deer than birds but it is not impossible. I’m not sure from your post if you were looking for another place to hunt deer in addition to the one you currently hunt or if you are looking for places to hunt for other critters.

You looking for land or water decoys for waterfowl?

I'll definitely look into getting one of those blinds you mentioned and I do most of my waterfowl scouting just around eastern North Dakota, so I'm always asking land owners for permission etc. but I've been trying to do lots of goose hunting this year going out every weekend so particularly land decoys, but honestly can make anything work. Even if its not physical help just knowledge or how to go about hunting/scouting helps! Thanks for the detailed response!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You bet. I can give you recommendations on blinds too, as can some other folks here. I use them almost exclusively now and occasionally there are really good deals on really good blinds at Roger’s Sporting Goods online. I’ve purchased them for up to 70% off before.

PM me anytime or keep your conversations going on forums like this. A lot of good info comes from most of these guys as long as it stays constructive and doesn’t get totally derailed, at which time it may be best to just personally message the ones who have been helpful.

I offloaded most of my dry land goose decoys to another younger fella less than a year ago when I switched my set up a bit. Wish I’d have hung onto half of them for ya now.

Last edited:

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shut up Mr. dumb fuck. you go away. and don't just change your name this time.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even though I have three blinds for the grandsons two years ago I shot my largest archery buck while sitting behind a 2x6 foot chunk of camo netting held up by four 99 cent little green garden posts I bought at Menards. My current blind is a 3x4 foot hole in the ground covered with Como painted plywood. I have a couple 2x6 across the hole under the plywood so no one falls through the 3/4 inch marine plywood. Its on posted family land, but for three years someone has been vandalizing blinds and feeders. Had to glue bark to a four foot chunk of 10 inch diameter pvc for a feeder this year. b9ed6983-952f-4777-8ff7-60dbdde5ab33.jpg

Yikes, got to watch that spelling. Zman it would take care of heroics right?

Last edited:

Logan Stegmiller

Really sorry to hear people have been vandalizing the property, but that's quite impressive to see you put all that together and still manage to get a nice buck!

- - - Updated - - -

Well then, that being the case. I'd be more than happy to be a "pinch hitter" for you HC until you can take back over. I've got enough spots with stands and landowners to help that I'm pretty sure we as a bunch of old greybeards can get Logan on a deer. Whether or not he can hit it with a pointy stick, is up to him. PM me his phone number HC and I'll get in touch with him. We'll see what we can do.

That's awesome to hear, I've been shooting the bow as much as I can with school and sports, but I sure hope I can drop one. I'd like to PM my number to you, but my PM's are blocked right now I believe because I am a new user, but I'll make sure to check the forum frequently!

- - - Updated - - -

You bet. I can give you recommendations on blinds too, as can some other folks here. I use them almost exclusively now and occasionally there are really good deals on really good blinds at Roger’s Sporting Goods online. I’ve purchased them for up to 70% off before.

PM me anytime or keep your conversations going on forums like this. A lot of good info comes from most of these guys as long as it stays constructive and doesn’t get totally derailed, at which time it may be best to just personally message the ones who have been helpful.

I offloaded most of my dry land goose decoys to another younger fella less than a year ago when I switched my set up a bit. Wish I’d have hung onto half of them for ya now.

I will do, I'll spend some time this weekend looking at what to get maybe and if I have any questions I'll send them over! Thank you for the advice and no worries hopefully the young guys putting them to good use!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get OnX free till the end of the year. Go on G&F website and log on to your account. Click on the "Inbox" tab, click on "View" for the OnX subject and then click "Redeem". Follow the steps and setup an account.

WTF

Happy to hear us loyal users are subsidizing salve on the wound for trespass law BS.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hes talking about mr Stevenson and 7mag I assume.. Finally, I've witnessed PG slip the shit bomb albeit not on purpose ;:;rofl

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey Logan, I called your cell number and your message box if full so I couldn't leave a message. My number should show up as a call though. Give me a call back and we will set something up for you. Talk to you soon!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77