New To Hunting Help Appreciated!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Logan, congrats on your first of many archery kills! You hit the hunting jackpot being able to be mentored by a legend and to be granted access to his beloved property.
Never take things like this for granted because they are a gift not often given in this day and age.
Kirk, what can I say, you rock!
Had he been on my side of the state id have done the same thing. I have in the past and those hunts and fishing outings with youths are some of my fondest memories!
Really cool story and perfect ending, well done guys.
Oh and suppress, kudos to you also man stellar job getting him setup!

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fan F---ING TASTIC! I loved KDM play -by-play...well done,great pic's Logan,next time have your dad pull his weight as long as he was sitting along side you,great experience for pop's but take the video dad....Logan is growing up fast,this outting was very special for you both,congrats.

No pic's of gray beard?...Thanx KDM Karma will treat you well.

After this great episode played out,it brought back great memories of bow hunting in my lifetime,my dad didn't bow hunt but shot archery competively and got me shooting,we shared bowfishing together,I started bow hunting small game on my own whilst running a trapline (rabbits,ducks,pheasants) for spending money as a youngster,always looking to learn,didn't have video's or supress mentor's to help out,watched every out door hunting show (American sportsman) every weekend hoping a video of Fred Bear would be on,any of you see the clip of Fred Bear clinic of "spot n stalk?"Ole fred wore wool socks over his boots to muffel the sound of crunchy dry leaves as he stocked whitetail deer...His Kodiak long bow bear hunt was a classic as well.

This fantastic hunt Logan had will be a story for him for years to come,his first whitetail buck hunting with Greybeard.

Didn't have access to wi-fi over the weekend ,out in the boonies but couldn't wait to hear the out come,I knew it would be a success,maybe not iffin supress didn't chime in to give Logan more confidence and understanding of shot placement.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
No pic's of gray beard?...Thanx KDM Karma will treat you well.

We tried for a greybeard pic, but their phones didn't have a strong enough "Ugly" filter so they refused to work. Maybe next time.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations Logan.
Let me know when you want to come shoot again. My range is always open. We've only scratched the surface...

Big thanks to [MENTION=314]KDM[/MENTION]. Your generosity knows no bounds.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just went back and looked at the very first post again.

Sweet Jesus, that all took place in 10 days!!! That is insane.

Last edited:

FIO

Wow! What a story!!
Happy Camper is more than a chef, teacher, mentor, friend than most can imagine and I'm blessed to have him in my family. I haven't logged in or payed attention to Nodak in years, well maybe even since the days of Fishingbuddy.
Rich told me for the last week or so to check out this story and I'm glad I did. Logan, and those who helped, congrats on this hunt! Sorry I haven't had a chance to participate as I have 3 youth of my own now that are learning from me what I was fortunate enough to learn from the "Old Man" and other grey beards that have taught me a thing or 1000. I'm sure we will cross paths here soon!
FIO...or those who remember Fox Island Outfitter :)

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats, Logan. Even a non-hunting fisherman like myself can appreciate this!!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah "FIO" been many years FB days,full plate these days with 3 on the ground eh? this happens on long cold winter nights,thanx for chiming in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74