Why don’t families get together anymore?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
We get together w/wife's side of the family pretty regular. Wife tries to get the kids down to grandma/grandpa's at least 1x/Mo and we get the whole family together 2x-3x/yr. If her family were closer we'd do more together but it's 3hrs to her folks and another 3+ to her brother's.

My folks are gone and my only sibling lives in AZ. Time is the biggest issue. Just not enough vacation time to get everything in. I'm pretty in-flexible about leaving ND in the summer to visit AZ. Kids' school vacations between AZ and ND don't line up well save Thanksgiving or Christmas and that's another "Not Gonna Do It" situation RE: Airline Travel around Thanksgiving/Christmas/New-Years.

Hunting used to bring extended family together many weekends in the fall, but, without oceans of CRP to spread out and work, groups of more than 3-4 get to be a significant hassle. I hunted with my uncle yesterday as he's retired and I had the day off. It's the 1st time we've hunted together in probably 5-6yrs, maybe longer. Used to just be my uncle and cousin. Now it's my uncle, cousin, a grandchild (or 2), and 1 or 2 son's-in-law. Rather than being the 6th or 7th wheel, I just go do my own thing.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
5575...GEEZ what a dandy,looks like a yukon strain made it down to ND,,,what a wonderful memory for you and mom,thanx for sharing the moment.

Lov2,

cooler of busch lite,might piss jaunr off more,whisky,fireball now your talking....

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks snow, i was so happy for her! She's wanted at least one of the big 3 tags in her lifetime. And after the eye cancer stuff i was worried it might never happen for her.
I made a video of her hunt, it was a little long so i trimmed it down. I'll repost that video below that pic in my other post if you want to check out her shooting it.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575, tell your mom congratulations on a great moose and hunt :;:thumbsup. Glad you had the opportunity to be with\help her on the hunt. Repost the first video, as it wasn't that long and I thought it was awesome.

Founding Member
Founding Member
5575, tell your mom congratulations on a great moose and hunt :;:thumbsup. Glad you had the opportunity to be with\help her on the hunt. Repost the first video, as it wasn't that long and I thought it was awesome.

Ha ha thanks man, its just cell phone stuff but its definitely great memories to share for ages with family!
Here you go.

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
That whole video was awesome!
From minute one till the last, it showed much respect/love :cool:

Back to the original topic. I didn't grow up hating sports,politics but seems now, it'll come up anytime family n friends get together.
I now can't 4ven stand discussing either topic.
I do best with me n my dog alone trying to kill stuff.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I WILL say this: Each time we join in for a family get-together, I enjoy myself immensely. My cousins in MN get together at least once per summer, and we try to join them. We always have a great time. I certainly don't agree with them on all things, and I'm sure they think I'm stupid sometimes, but we all get along famously, and each time I tell myself I'm going to attend the following year.

So, a few miles? Yup. A little effort? Yup. The expense of some gas and a hotel? Yup. But we have a good time each year.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
229740787_4352900748112045_132884697694343697_n.jpg

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope they keep all those cargo ships out at sea, maybe then we can have a real Christmas

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76