EHD

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Help a buddy shoot a cow moose today. Lots of dead whitetail. I'm afraid for this season.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
OIP.erVP9rbEIDoy1GYWL-fkNgHaFj

Culicoides midge are small or nicknamed no-see-ums.

NDSU doesn't have the tech to isolate the virus in blood, so samples are being sent to NVSL Ames Iowa. They are not finding new strains but are finding something that delivers a little more horsepower to kill.

A frost will kill them and the virus strain in their saliva will die too. It is believed these insects ride the wind currents to come back next year.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if they’ll refund tags ? I have 2 for 3f2 I’d like to return .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are taking tags back down here. Not disappointed I didn’t draw a deer tag anywhere this year it’s going to be bad. Fuck those midgets

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
West Nile and Zika viruses are mosquito borne and the major funding went that direction. Midge bites are not known YET to make people sick or kill humans YET. If it happens, watch the funding shift.

Midge like most things have DNA with several strands of genetic code and single strands of RNA or ribonucleic acid, a nucleic acid present in all living cells. Its principal role is to act as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins, although in some viruses RNA carries the genetic information.

Proteins, spike proteins, messenger RNA, where have we heard all this before?

mRNA Technology: A New Approach to Medicine - Moderna (modernatx.com)

[h=2]How is mRNA used in COVID-19 vaccines?[/h]Everything that has been said here doesn’t just apply to humans. Other organisms, including bacteria and viruses, also have DNA and/or RNA. The recent COVID-19 vaccines actually use mRNA from the virus itself in a rather sneaky way.
Usually, a vaccine uses a weakened or damaged version of a virus so that your body can have a “practice run” of fighting it. Your body will make antibodies that fight this weak form of the virus and thus will be able to recognize this same virus in the future and be able to quickly react to the real virus if ever exposed to it.
An mRNA vaccine works differently. Rather than inject a person with the actual virus, this type of vaccine instead injects the cells with some of the virus’s mRNA. This mRNA contains instructions on how to build “spike protein,” meaning the protein that is found on the spiky surface of a virus. This protein is harmless and has no ill effects on the body.
So, your cells will begin making this harmless spike protein. Your immune system will then recognize that this spike protein doesn’t belong in your body and make antibodies designed to destroy it. Making a long story short, this means your body will be able to recognize the spike proteins used by the actual virus. As a result, your immune system will immediately be able to make antibodies that swarm and kill the virus if it ever detects the spike protein in the body.
Luckily, you don’t have to become an expert in macromolecules for your body to function—or the vaccine to do its job. Your body automatically performs the complex functions described here to keep you alive. (Perhaps mastering some of the key terms associated with them is the least you could do!)

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My past hunting area was 3f2 south of Leith along the Cannonball River. Rancher says there are no deer. I am hunting Morton County this year and thankfully with an any antlered tag. Guessing if I shoot one it will be a muley. Would rather have a whitetail. So goes life!

The area was hit really hard with EHD last year.

Last edited:

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shooting roosters today, found four dead whitetail.

Whitetail56

Shooting roosters today, found four dead whitetail.

Down I 4f my buddies went after a doe antelope just talked to them there's alot of dead deer but they seen alot alive to. More input on this the better so a guy knows what to expect down there

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
3b3 has been hit pretty hard. Finding lots of dead ones and trail camera pics are real low. Lots of deer up to close to season start and they slowly started disappearing.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
cache.php

Culicoides midge are small or nicknamed no-see-ums.

NDSU doesn't have the tech to isolate the virus in blood, so samples are being sent to NVSL Ames Iowa. They are not finding new strains but are finding something that delivers a little more horsepower to kill.

A frost will kill them and the virus strain in their saliva will die too. It is believed these insects ride the wind currents to come back next year.

Wondering if a mask will stop a virus present in this insects saliva?...

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We are finding many dead deer on our land in 3C in Southern Emmons County.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year i figured we lost about 70% of our whitetails, this year record hights in sept and oct was the nail in the coffin.
Ive never seen it this bad in my lifetime, guess ill be heading to other parts of the statet to fill my muzzleloader tag that took me 14 points to draw.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76