Amber fog lights and DOT

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're supposed to be illegal. Anybody ever get pulled over for using amber fogs in the snow/rain? Thinking about swapping out my USELESS white fog lamps.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this an actual concern?
Put em on old man, to hell with the law.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure open container is still an issue for insurance rates etc. though - not? ;:;boozer

- - - Updated - - -

(prefer not to get pulled over by "the man" at any point)

- - - Updated - - -

Fog lights ordered. Thanks for the sage advice everyone.

(everyone being juanr)

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had 'em on my car for years, but that was close to four decades ago. :;:smokin

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems that anything is legal now days! I can't believe the shit that is trying to drill a hole in my brain while driving ND highways!

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fog lights of any kind I can put up with, but those damn piercing blue headlights drive me nuts.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i remember when fog lights had to be covered when on highways and in town, you could get pulled over for them not being covered. now idiots mount light bars above the windshield and use them on highway. cant be legal

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND Century Code:

Fog lamps. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two fog lampsmounted on the front at a height not less than twelve inches [30.48 centimeters] normore than thirty inches [76.2 centimeters] above the level surface upon which thevehicle stands and so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of thehigh-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at adistance of twenty-five feet [7.62 meters] ahead project higher than a level of fourinches [10.76 centimeters] below the level of the center of the lamp from which itPage No. 5comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting the above requirements may be used with lowerheadlamp beams as specified in subsection 2 of section 39-21-20.

I don't see anything in there about whether they are clear/white or yellow lamps.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since my last stroke those bright lights and fog lights give me a terrible headache.
Have to wear sunglasses during the day now too and wear the yellow driving glasses for night to cut down on the light brightness.
Used to be able to just get by with my glasses with the lenses coated with photo-gray.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems I see a lot of front seat tinted windows nowadays too, aren't those illegal? They are kind of dangerous as you can't see if the driver is paying attention

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be sadly straight up. During the last few years in the Farce, it would require a major infraction for me to initiate contact. It wasn't worth it. Even as of 2011 there were certain nights at the club which were exempt from the UCMJ and Century Code. I became an equal opportunity ignorer. Overhead was ate up with "HR" worshippers/fearers and outspoken Democoms.

kayaklife

I was wondering about tinted windows too... some of them seem like they could be a hazard for visibility.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76