Dang scopes~~

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buddy got a little buck fever when he dialed into a dandy 5x5 bull.....Ouch! knuckle head did it twice,,,,

ouch2.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Appears to be channeling his inner Shockey.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha

he’s taking it well - which is easy when you connect with your target

- - - Updated - - -

pics of dandy or it never happened

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m wondering the same thing. Tell him he’s not supposed to shoot right handed and look through the scope with his left eye

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't understand how someone can get scoped but I have done other stupid stuff in my life back in the day.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have never gotten the super gash but my brother does "every" year.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never been cut, but I have shot in an awkward position a time or two, and that will leave a WTF kind of mark on the ol' noggin.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How the heck did he get bit in the middle of his forehead?

right hand shooter,left eye dominate+ poor right eye vision,oddest shooting position I ever seen...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OUCH!! Never been kissed by a scope, but have been shoulder/collarbone/neck/bicep punched by Bertha, my trusted 12ga while attempting to take down geese and ducks from odd angles. 3 inch magnums pack quite a punch when in such situations and I've had the bruises to prove it.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ha ha

he’s taking it well - which is easy when you connect with your target

- - - Updated - - -

pics of dandy or it never happened

Needless to SAY guy,knuckle head missed,pt man did followup tho.

elk2.jpg

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude needs a Savage 340 with a side mount, oughta line up just right for him. :::

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh that combo would make everything extra doublely gooder.

Give him a good ~3/4” of off-set towards his dominant eye. ‘Course you max out performance @ 30-30. Then again, if you’re just gonna miss might as well shoot something what doesn’t beat your shoulder or face.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO the above may be THE factor causing pie plate groups and maintaining an industry. IE: Bedding, floating, trigger jobs, muzzle cutting, ammo changes etc. In 35yrs of shooting I've been asked about eye relief about five times from the bench before 1st shot. Zero for iron sights. IMHO/E poor accuracy is the result of flinching and lack of follow-through.

I don't find scope cuts amusing.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
To clarify. It was the shooter asking me if a kiss was coming.

I thank the Lord I've never been afraid of a "kiss" and "overcame" fear of recoil by voraciously reading F/S and OL. Mr. Bosley on my paper route constantly gave me back issues from the late 50's into the late 70's. I was quite the spectacle in my circle when I bought the M77 7 Rem in 1984 and later mounted a 3X9 Charles Daly "Wide (TV!:)) View" scope. I was a badass 125lb band-fag freshman and a bit terrified after three months of admonition from '06 enthusiasts.

Dad and Uncle Dave were present for the initial shot at 25yds. I touched off and missed the bull 3in right. I remember. I had zero air in my lungs and could see the hole clearly in the wonderful TV screen. The shot was "exhilarating" but not un-manageable. Not wanting to show signs of distress from lack of air, fainting and shit; I racked the bolt then Dad grabbed my arm: Amused face: "Are you all right?"--"Yes"--"Jesus, svnmag!"...Uncle Dave: "Why in the hell did you get that hard kickn' son of a bitch?!!"--"Because one day I'll hunt out west."

With a box of PowerPoints I got a "50 cent piece group" 3in high at 100 with a hot bbl on that day to help me achieve many kill shots within 50yds with this 7mm Remington Magnum in North Dakota.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75