Made in USA

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that under the circumstances that is facing our country that the best option to beat back the liberal/commie world agenda of forcing us to buy foreign made merchandise.
I for one spend more money on American made ( with imported materials) work boots even though you pay atleast 100 dollars more for the exact same boot design as an imported version. I uzed to also buy carhartt clothing for work even though the materials that carhartt use are of good quality, I still would prefer to spend money on American made so I have been slowly replacing my worn out clothes with Americans made. Again you pay more and most likely the material the clothes made of can be outsourced material from overseas which sucks but there isn't alot of textile factories in this country and haven't been any for years. Which is one for the biggest reason why companies like Levi's, carhartt , or many of the companies we as the older generation grew up to getting 90 percent of our clothing that was made here in the states.
Here is a list of companies that I believe deserve our help and support even more now then ever:
https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/jeans
https://texasjeans.com/?fbclid=IwAR02YUxavtDYiZQVwPDNmuOR-IKH9A1f0uorIL5hPNXcH_YSBKuVP3J8vcg
https://madeinamericastore.com/?gcl...eJquup8oSYMyjYV3ygXLFz79Lah8AEqhoCn7MQAvD_BwE
https://www.usab2c.com/?gclid=CjwKC...16JPK-zeN-pSHoCZvySuunc0K0ummVohoClGgQAvD_BwE

So just like the weapons ammo thread I believe this thread could be used to give recognition to all business in the country for our everyday needs.
FJB!!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed lunk,another one that pissed me off for work/ boots and upland hunting boots is "redwing boots,as redwing still has they're boot factory here in redwing mn...

bought two pair of upland boots from my local sport shop,brought them home,then while appling waterproofing to the leather area's,the dreaded "made in tag" I didn't catch at the store...."made in china" pissed I attempted to return said boots,no go as I had water proof'd the boots,doubled pissed ,I fired off an email to redwing,they still sell one boot made in redwing,however to be price competitive they out source to china,they're words.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Made in the USA used to mean something.

It no longer matters.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To some, not the majority unfortunately. Not anymore.

Just ask Harley Davidson....there isn't a more iconic example of this out there.

Once us "old guys" die everyone is going to be riding Jap bikes. One could even argue Harleys ARE "Jap bikes". As much as it pains me to say that.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...lfp-batteries-in-all-standard-range-cars.html

I get why they want cheaper batteries but there are two huge issues.
1. Not as good in cold weather means the northern US states will be disadvantaged
2. Most of the existing production 95% of The LFP batteries are produced in CHINA. We can afford to be reliant on China as they are already becoming a bigger military threat. The world is under threat from China.

Bought a new wallet the other day. My decision came down to where it was made. Made in India >> Made in China

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know for a fact that the powers that be in my beloved Corps are changing our infantry in many ways to deal with China and North Korea specifically. All the way down to the basic rifleman. The days of the standard line companies are gone. Smaller units, smarter, more technically savvy infantrymen are what they are shooting for. Pun intended.

(insert crayon eating jokes here ______________________) :)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad day. .308/WY pard and I went out 300yd shooting with his new China Vortex. I guess he's become a gear queer and bought a Vortex bino. He handed me a Leupold and said it was mine. After some back and forth about acceptance; I finally said I'd take the American while he sucked off Chairman Mao. He responded by laying it on the table on it's top. I actually had the twinge like almost stepping on a snake.

They're sadly decent. I guess we're not going to make it with anyone anyhow:

https://youtu.be/BGLGzRXY5Bw

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
a lot of it is generational, and what you will put up with and what you won't... the only thing constant is change...

i had 2 new scooters in my life - a 1997 heritage springer, and 2001 electraglide classic (geezer glide), which i made into a street glide??? b4 they were a thing... btw - both had metric hardware 20 years ago...

in 2001 efi was an option that the traditionalists hated and were against... guess i was too... i knew if i broke down in bfe, a shade tree mechanic could probably get me home without having a computer to hook up to it to fix it... i put about 90,000 miles on those 2 b4 i sold them and gave up the saddle...

right around the same time, the traditionalists started twitching again when antifreeze hit the harley parts book for the first time... the v rod came out... times were a changing way back then... it always does...

wow - long time ago already... great memories, but a 50th anniversary camaro ss convertible with borla tube screamers scratches that itch just fine these days...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74