Homicide ? Alec Baldwin

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gun safety rule #1: Never point a gun at anything you aren’t willing to kill. Bad things can happen if you don’t ALWAYS have that muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Being on a movie set doesn’t change that. Neither does using a gun you think is unloaded or loaded with a blank round.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does a prop gun end up killing someone?!?! They cannot be that stupid to let live rounds onto a set can they? Just does not add up

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently after the shooting he ask " why was I handed a hot gun " The question that should be asked is why didn't he check the gun himself? one should never assume a gun is unloaded or loaded with blanks just because someone handed it to him. by not checking the gun himself and aiming away from the women I feel he is negligent in the woman's death.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of those dinks in hollyweird don't know jack about guns. I suspect the prop manager may be under investigation. It is their responsibility to organize these things. Baldwin just took gun, make go bang, cry, no understand. At least that is my guess.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
kill somebody in a car accident your charged this shouldn't be any different

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why did he aim the gun at the Director of Photography and then pull the trigger??? That is the question that needs to be answered. The second question would be "was the writer/director Joel Souza injured by the same gun shot or did Baldwin fire the gun twice?"

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is reported now that the revolver had a live round when she was shot.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is a lot we don’t know about this incident but I know two things:

1) People who don’t know anything about guns or gun safety should not hold a gun (unless during the act of actually training them). This is an absolute tragedy that instantly removed someone’s wife/mother/daughter from this earth, and that is no laughing matter.
2) With all of the shit Alec Baldwin has shoveled on to other people for as long as I can remember, it was a matter of time before a load of it got dumped onto him. I should feel bad for everyone involved including Alec, but part of me can’t help but think, “Awww, this couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy…” :::

Last edited:

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why did he aim the gun at the Director of Photography and then pull the trigger??? That is the question that needs to be answered. The second question would be "was the writer/director Joel Souza injured by the same gun shot or did Baldwin fire the gun twice?"

Think about all the westerns that the camera is almost directly inline with the barrel of a gun. Just a guess, but I'd assume these people were either running the camera or right next to it trying to get the angle just right.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would a gun that is capable of shooting anything (even a blank) be used in today’s movie world?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
if he pointed the gun at someone and intentionally pulled the trigger, whether he thought it was loaded with blanks or unloaded completely, he should be charged with negligent homicide at a minimum. Likely they will call it an accident and the guy who gave him the gun will take most of the heat, just cuz baldwin is a VIP or whatever.

"Negligent homicide is the killing of another person through gross negligence or without malice. It often includes death that is the result of the negligent operation of a motor vehicle, which includes the operation of a boat or snowmobile. It is characterized as a death caused by death by conduct that grossly deviated from ordinary care. Negligent homicide may be charged as a lesser-included offense of manslaughter. It is also sometimes referred to as "involuntary manslaughter".

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was the guns fault...that's why we need stricter gun control laws on movie sets...

- - - Updated - - -

Capture1.jpg

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd really love to know what would be made of this if it was a conservative instead of a loud mouth lib that's sucks at being a decent human being, surprised they even use guns that actually shoot projectiles on their sets.. Pretty hypocritical!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74