guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=2]Over/Under shotgun[/h]
FIFY

after many days of staring I couldn't take it any longer

sorry, not sorry :;:howdy

- - - Updated - - -

if anyone is confused by my post then the Lord have mercy on your math teachers' souls

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad shoots a Benelli Montefeltro semi auto and that thin is pretty darn light. Even lighter than my M2. Part of it is the balance I think. Swings supremely well.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry. Beautiful Weatherby 12ga SXS on Guns International, screw-in chokes, 3in chambers. Side plates are false. Made in Italy by Fausti: 1800 bucks.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

7 1/4 lbs

28in bbls

OAL 44.5in

Nice sv....However,notice the top lever slightly off center,indication block is worn,top lever should be way off set,not slightly unless disassembled.,still pretty tho.

once top lever is inline (not off set) barrels won't lock.Good smith can re-build the block.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've got an O/U. but, i still prefer my semi auto. the third shell is certainly nice. but, with me, its more about the convenience of reloading or specifically just adding an additional shell or two whilst still having the ability to be ready. i hated that "exposed" feeling when i had my breech open. it seems that was always when they wanted to flush. lol. not really. but, when it happened it was frustrating. and i couldn't stand walking with one shell. so, every time l shot... even if just once, the breech got opened to reload. with a 3 shot gun, its just grab another shell and shove it in whilst still being relatively readiererer

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice sv....However,notice the top lever slightly off center,indication block is worn,top lever should be way off set,not slightly unless disassembled.,still pretty tho.

once top lever is inline (not off set) barrels won't lock.Good smith can re-build the block.

Not in this case. The gun is too new. Assuming a right hand shooter the top lever will over years migrate left.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
migrating means "wear" just be mindful iffin you purchases it,my perazzi block top lever gets rebuilt every year after 10k + rounds get run thru it,I've seen o/u shooter's shotgun's break open on the line from wear like this,maybe sxs are different?: dunno,block work run's about $200 in most cases alone,assuming ejector springs are still good.

Once top lever gets dead center off it goes to the doctor.

★ Legendary Member
i have a beretta 686 O/U with a walnut stock and absolutely love it. its very light and i have had it for 14years now. picked up every O/U in the store, this one felt the best and my girlfriend at the time(now wife) surprised me with the gun for christmas. BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
4999 lucky man,congrats on landing your wife,she's a keeper.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guyz with sxs best be mindful of the ammo used,most modern sxs donot recommed modern hi velocity ammo as manufacturer's use a soft gauge steel to weld barrels together.

Ageed with eyexer,late season birds bunched up,extra shotshells required here as well,my old browning A-5 auto mag unplugged 5 rds in states where allowed plug-less has been emptied many times when others were reloading.A-5 weight empty 9lbs,my citori o/u 8lbs,benelli ultra 6lbs...nothing gained or reduced in weight owning a o/u,single trigger,barrel select is nice,no felt recoil reduction unless you add one,shooting bottom barrel first helps felt recoil.most if not all o/u barrels shoot 60/40 bottom barrel and 50/50 top barrel ,this browning and beretta that I tested and shoot,agreed about ejectors on the o/u,it's a plus,heavy trigger weight on o/u to minumize doubling when first barrel fires.

my .02.

Like diameter spheres of like composition will have essentially like impact energy at 40yds/beyond despite MV. It's about pattern not felt recoil. Not trying to be a dick. I like boobs. I also like angry tush. I like lamp.

https://youtu.be/9sxE-jS9LP4

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
migrating means "wear" just be mindful iffin you purchases it,my perazzi block top lever gets rebuilt every year after 10k + rounds get run thru it,I've seen o/u shooter's shotgun's break open on the line from wear like this,maybe sxs are different?: dunno,block work run's about $200 in most cases alone,assuming ejector springs are still good.
Once top lever gets dead center off it goes to the doctor.

I slightly:) misread your post. The gun I posted is ADVERTISED of light use. I can't imagine a modern dbl trigger SXS (sadly) experiencing the same use as an irrationally triggered O/U. I mistakenly interpreted your post as wanting dead center.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This truth must be discovered on your own or it will have little value.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A M21 CANNOT be damaged by overproof loads of correct length unless obstructing the bbls. Steel shot use would still require installation of tubes. The M12 chamber could be lengthened at the factory without consideration of ga or grade. Nickle or Win--still need tube installation for steel shot. I'm not sure of who's more dumbass between Win and Rem.

I lament Win's later decision for a single dumbass trigger on the 21 and internally weep over the international morass the company has become. I'm aware of the CT "tribute" factory.

https://youtu.be/81WDqhKRHiM

Last edited:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't you required to have a man bun to purchase a DB shotgun now a days? Thought I read something about that.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gee sv, me thinks iffin I would have the desire to purchase a sxs today,rather than having the shotgun fitted for injector chokes (tubes) which would require a shit load of barrel work from back boring the barrels to lengthing forcing cones to accommodate the chokes,one would be better off having the barrels bored out assuming both barrels are full/full.

my first 10gais a sxs 32" full/full goose killing some beech back in its day,double trigger....way back when this shotgun was new ,never knew the importance of the pattern board,also one doesn't trap shoot with a 10ga,first trip out hunting we were setup on a honker pass shoot coming off a canadian border refuge near roseau minn,all fired up with my brand new sxs 10ga ready for action,crouched behind some tumble weeds on my knees as the first flock came over.....KABOOM! ended up on my back as both barrels doubled.fucked up my hand on the trigger guard,thought WTF? maybe my gloves caused this,loaded two more shells,slammed the chamber shut and "boom" both barrels again went off,triggers were that touchy.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gee sv, me thinks iffin I would have the desire to purchase a sxs today,rather than having the shotgun fitted for injector chokes (tubes) which woul require a shit load of barrel work from back boring the barrels to lengthing forcing cones yo accommodate the chokes,o9ne would be better off having the barrels bored out assuming both barrels are full/full.

my first 10gais a sxs 32" full/full goose killing some beech back in its day,double trigger....way back when this shotgun was new ,never knew the importance of the pattern board,also one doesn't trap shoot with a 10ga,first trip out hunting we were setup on a honker pass shoot coming off a canadian border refuge near roseau minn,all fired up with my brand new sxs 10ga ready for action,crouched behind some tumble weeds on my knees as the first flock came over.....KABOOM! ended up on my back as both barrels doubled.fucked up my hand on the trigger guard,thought WTF? maybe my gloves caused this,loaded two more shells,slammed the chamber shut and "boom" both barrels again went off,triggers were that touchy.

Zephyr Thunderbird?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Richland.I remember Zephyr offered a o/u 10ga ,this was in the 70's ,wish I had that sucker today in my collection,o/u was strange territory back then for us in the field.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79