Hammered Grey Beard just trying to help.........

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's called "hand down" when you give it your kid, what's it called when you give it to your dad? He has more money than he knows what to do with but loves making something old and broken work again, course it works like it was old and broken too. So I give him my stuff when I upgrade and occasionally something new but I have to tell him I found it laying in the ditch or he won't take it :)

Hang in there [MENTION=7191]Happycamper[/MENTION]

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 10 year old son and a 7 year old son. We shall see how my stuff fares through the next 15 years.

10 and 7 already? That's impossible. I remember when they were smaller than your walleyes. Of course, you DO catch big walleyes...

- - - Updated - - -

I donated a collapsible shanty and eskimo auger to a young man from my church a few years ago. I think they see regular use. It was a good home for some unused equipment.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 and 7 already? That's impossible. I remember when they were smaller than your walleyes. Of course, you DO catch big walleyes...

- - - Updated - - -

It sure happens fast! I’m trying my best to enjoy these years as they are A LOT of fun when they think you’re still super dad.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If it's called "hand down" when you give it your kid, what's it called when you give it to your dad? He has more money than he knows what to do with but loves making something old and broken work again, course it works like it was old and broken too. So I give him my stuff when I upgrade and occasionally something new but I have to tell him I found it laying in the ditch or he won't take it :)

Hang in there @Happycamper

I'm with Sluggo...I bought my kid a shotgun and a rifle, and his first couple of fishing rods. He has now eclipsed me and owns more and better fishing rods than I do, and probably more tackle and better tackle....told him if he wants to keep buying hunting and fishing stuff whenever he wants he better not get married!...

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with Sluggo...I bought my kid a shotgun and a rifle, and his first couple of fishing rods. He has now eclipsed me and owns more and better fishing rods than I do, and probably more tackle and better tackle....told him if he wants to keep buying hunting and fishing stuff whenever he wants he better not marry the wrong woman!...

fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hats off to KDM/grey beard/ grey bush

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lol…ok..that’s true…I was just trying to make myself feel better for not having friends who did better quality control to help me…wish I knew some of you guys back before the decision that ended my ability to spend money on hunting and fishing stuff whenever I wanted..
Actually my wife is pretty good about it…when I pay in cash that she doesn’t know about…no she really isn’t that bad…no wait…I’m just saying that in case she hacks my nodak account…and you guys thought svn was on the edge…:)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr encourages my wasteful spending, especially when it involves booze, guns, fishing, and gambling.

However she draws the line at me buying her shoes. Yeah that's it shoes.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The backpack is spoken for. Young lady wanting it to pack out her own deer. I liked that part. (Grin) Anyone else having success passing stuff along??

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
No takers on the rods yet. I'm hoping that means the youngsters already have what they need!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pack has been picked up, the stand is pending pick up, but the decoys and the rest of the stuff is still available.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The backpack is spoken for. Young lady wanting it to pack out her own deer. I liked that part. (Grin) Anyone else having success passing stuff along??

Two years ago I gave my Browning BPS 10 gauge (and a several boxes of shells - turkey and duck loads) to a young man who I had just mentored turkey hunting. (I still have 8 ? other shotguns). He already has shot a turkey with it and took up the sport of goose hunting. Yes!

Just last week I gave 24 of my better Herters diver duck decoys to the son of a friend of mine who is just getting into duck hunting. He has puddler decoys already but was curious about diver hunting so I tried to help him out.

Like I told them both, my expectations was that they would use the equipment. If it is just going to sit on the shelf, give it back to me and I will find someone else who may want to use them. And they weren't just to quick sell it to make a buck either.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will take 16 chickens . Dead or alive .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56