Ice fishing,bibs and coat

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pray I never take a drink in the hard water. At my advanced age, and lack of physical fitness, not sure it would be a story I would be able to tell.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I pray I never take a drink in the hard water. At my advanced age, and lack of physical fitness, not sure it would be a story I would be able to tell.

lol, juanr,at least your honest,besides who wants to fish in a small ice house with a guy that just shit his pants? farts are bad enough.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I think im going to sell my striker ice suit. I ice fish inside portable houses and that stuff just comes off anyway after setup. Unless its well well below zero with a wind, I like lighter clothing for setup. That striker stuff is super warm but very bulky.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Striker Climate bibs and jacket for me,I have never been cold in it,most of the time its too warm for the jacket,so usuaslly wear a heavywieght carhartt hoodie instead,but i do have baselayers on also.I have drilled holes at the DL ice tourney and been on the ice til end of tourney in this setup,and some have been pretty darn cold!! It is bulky but the climate can be worn without liners on warm days.
Inside the portable i prefer flight pants and hoodie way more comfortable!!

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
tried on a striker jacket in scheels couple weeks ago planning to buy one but the thing was just so dang bulky, which i guess is prob the flotation part that can save your life. not sure yet if ill buy

cavedude

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had the striker Predator for a few years and have been very impressed. I had a zipper handle break and emailed them about it. They emailed me back right away. I drug my feet sending them the jacket but they sent me an email a few months later to check my progress of sending the jacket. Sent it and got it back within two weeks. Spot on service. The only issue I have is the bootlegs of the bibs have rubbed through by the boot heels.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had the striker Predator for a few years and have been very impressed. I had a zipper handle break and emailed them about it. They emailed me back right away. I drug my feet sending them the jacket but they sent me an email a few months later to check my progress of sending the jacket. Sent it and got it back within two weeks. Spot on service. The only issue I have is the bootlegs of the bibs have rubbed through by the boot heels.
There is an elderly woman here in Dickinson that fixes zippers. I purchased mrs johnr a nice winter coat, within a week the zipper broke. Our local Dunhams store manager told us tough shit when we spoke with the him about replacing the virtually new jacket. So we ended up finding this wonderful older lady with a alteration shop, she had it fixed and out the door in about 10 minutes, we just sat there and visited while she fixed it. The sad thing is no one is coming up behind these ladies for future needs. It will be a lost art.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is an elderly woman here in Dickinson that fixes zippers. I purchased mrs johnr a nice winter coat, within a week the zipper broke. Our local Dunhams store manager told us tough shit when we spoke with the him about replacing the virtually new jacket. So we ended up finding this wonderful older lady with a alteration shop, she had it fixed and out the door in about 10 minutes, we just sat there and visited while she fixed it. The sad thing is no one is coming up behind these ladies for future needs. It will be a lost art.

I think you just found a new side hustle

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
B5DA9EB8-BEB3-4399-AF9C-2071AABD6932.gif

JohnR running his sewing business side hustle

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90