Hearing safety--Something to think about

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
nd, interesting,thanx for posting never knew or gave it a thought.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never had my ear ring from my own gun. I think it would be unsafe when walking on uneven ground, hunting in early sept badlands rattle rattle, I think they would be more unsafe then safe. You have to have all your senses working imo while hunting. Your ear forms some type of sound pressure just like when you dive.

The only time i had my ear blown off is target practice when i forgot to pull em down after reviewing target from the aholes cannon next to me. It did some damage.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
ps if your going to road it -- make sure you get your shoulders and head out the window before pulling the trigger so the majority of that muzzle blast is outside. :cool: Show your passengers some courtesey

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got rocked bad this year. I have a 375 Ruger with a muzzle break I take moose and bear hunting. I usually wear hearing protection around my neck while hunting with it. This year we were waiting out a weather day in the tent and heard a moose crossing the water. Quickly ran outside and had to make a quick shot before he walked off. Didn't take the time to go back into the tent and grab my hearing protection. Major mistake. My right ear got absolutely rocked. Almost two months later and my ear still hurts and has started ringing a couple of times. I'm still pretty mad at myself and regret taking the shot. A few head colds in our house the last couple of months hasn't helped either.

Typically just wear a set similar to these around my neck.
https://marvgolden.com/qb2-hyg-hear...542&utm_content=Aviation Communication - Misc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75