Weather Bucket 2021

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope it didn't blow away! Did you remember to put a rock in the bottom before the snow came??

Not sure what we got for total accumulation in Fargo. Crunchy, crusty, icy crap for sure. Can't see the grass in my yard, and there's no point in shoveling the driveway or sidewalk because it's completely glazed. Might snag some salt on the way home just to get things moving.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty crusty here in Bismarck too. I pushed the slushy crap off my driveway last night, and I'm glad I did. It's all frozen hard this morning.

Supposed to be a possible high of 48 tomorrow, and 59 on monday. That should clean it up.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you guys smell my chili cheese farts yesterday over in the Fagro area?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weather bucket has a pretty thick coating of ice on it this morning.

Raining steady and streets are very slippery.

No deer hunting today. :(

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got these sent to us by our next door neighbor in Bismarck that we used to live by. This is within 2 blocks of our place where we used to live in NW Bismarck.
Think of all the seeds these spread before they got there!

Bis tumble weeds 1.jpgBis Tumble weeds 2.jpgBis tumble weeds 3.jpgBis tumble weeds 4.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yuck!!! Damn fire hazard if I ever saw one and prickly crap to boot.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One year in the late 1980 I think we had them real bad and during deer hunting if a tumble weed was going against the wind you shot at it because it as a deer. :::

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember back about 1988 I believe through the tumbleweeds were so bad they were running balers up and down the streets in Wishek and baling them to get rid of them.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weather bucket has a pretty thick coating of ice on it this morning.

Raining steady and streets are very slippery.

No deer hunting today. :(

The roads around Bismarck/Mandan were ridiculously slick this morning. Speeds were limited to about 20-25 mph when in 2WD, and about 30-35 when in 4WD. Took forever to get out to our hunting spot, but it was worth it. The deer were out and about!

On the plus side, it gave my son an opportunity to drive a little on some very slick roads. And while he probably didn't enjoy it, it's all a part of the learning experience.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I heard that Weather Bucket was lost in a great storm - and his handlers are keeping a tight lid on his disappearance.

Probably just another fake news story - but one does have to wonder.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Too bad someone can't find a use for those things. Never ending supply some years!
My dad said they used them for cattle feed in the 30's and you never walked behind a cow, they got real loose if you know what I mean. LB.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad said they used them for cattle feed in the 30's and you never walked behind a cow, they got real loose if you know what I mean. LB.
Weeds were just about the only things that would grow. I remember mentioning it to my parents about feeding these to the livestock and they said they ate it because that is all there was to eat. Their mouths got super tough eating these weeds.
Another thing that makes livestock "loose" is sweet clover. Also grass in the spring after being on hay and silage all winter.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weeds were just about the only things that would grow. I remember mentioning it to my parents about feeding these to the livestock and they said they ate it because that is all there was to eat. Their mouths got super tough eating these weeds.
Another thing that makes livestock "loose" is sweet clover. Also grass in the spring after being on hay and silage all winter.
Feeding this shit to your cattle just produces more weeds, as they shit the seeds everywhere. The problem intensifies. Its only solution is land owner weed control, which isn't enforced like it should be.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Weatherbucket going to need another cinderblock today to hang around. LB

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
How may wind farms have blown up from the wind spinning in this 60+ mph wind...

And the development of the tumbleweed cities, I feel the pain of the homeowners that gotta pile of them....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77