2021 national retriever championship

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is a link to the blog of the nrc. These are the best of the best dogs and crazy to see what they can do. A dog who is out of Bismark area handled by Doreen Bristol Ptar won the national amateur this year and he has made it to the fifth series .

https://2021nrc.blogspot.com/

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
on to the 8th series and lots of dogs have been dropped. This one is pretty meaty and will sort some more out. 2 more series after that.

Eighth Series – Water Triple

Test Eight is a Water Triple with a flyer, two retired gun stations and an honor on Goose Pond. The mat faces south and the wind is out of the north at the handler's back.

The first bird shot will be a drake thrown right to left landing 450 yards from the line. These middle gunners will retire. The line to this bird takes the dog through the right corner of the pond number one, over a levee through pond two, and out across a deep field to the bird.

Bird two is a hen mallard thrown angled back on the handler's left to the edge of the woods. The gunners stand by a well-brushed blind to the left of the mat. The line to this bird takes the dog across the right end of pond one, over a levee, across the left corner of pond two, across a road, past the blind, and to the tree line 183 yards from the line.

Bird three is a hen duck flyer thrown and shot, landing approximately 235 yards from the line. The bird is slightly right of the mat. The gunners are positioned by a small tree on the side of a hill, shooting uphill. Finally, there is an Honor to the right of the working dog.

This test will take approximately 10 minutes per dog.

8th series.jpg
cache.php

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need a road hunten category. You know, where you drive down a gravel road, hit the brakes and pop a pheasant out the window while still sliding, and have dog jump out the back of the truck and retrieve it and jump back in. Handler never leaves truck.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need a road hunten category. You know, where you drive down a gravel road, hit the brakes and pop a pheasant out the window while still sliding, and have dog jump out the back of the truck and retrieve it and jump back in. Handler never leaves truck.

That would be way to easy my dog does that now and in no way shape or form can he even start to run with these big dogs. Maybe shoot three have two sail off a couple hundred yards to a tree belt that might give these dogs a challenge.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always wanted to see a dog get two wounded birds out of really thick cover. The kind a guy can barley walk through, with no end of the cover for a mile or so. River bottom tumble weed thick thick cover. Oh and there were just hundreds of live birds there.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That would be way to easy my dog does that now and in no way shape or form can he even start to run with these big dogs. Maybe shoot three have two sail off a couple hundred yards to a tree belt that might give these dogs a challenge.

Plus, the dog has to fetch you a beer out of the cooler in the back after the last retrieve…wait, I mean after the first retrieve.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus, the dog has to fetch you a beer out of the cooler in the back after the last retrieve…wait, I mean after the first retrieve.

Mine will grab me a beer out of the cooler on the deck but i wont let him if its a yeti dont want him getting frost bite.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
2022 Nrc going on in Paducah Ky right now. They got to deal with some snow and cold this week.
In to the tenth and final series tomorrow with 14 dogs. Dog 31 slam is a Sodak dog so pulling for him. Going to be a big water quad should be a good series.

https://2022nrc.blogspot.com/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75