Panoptix Livescope

Founding Member
Founding Member
After fishing with ahab years ago i knew i had to have said technology. I bought my livescope ice fishing bundle last black Friday. I saved about $800.
Best piece of ice and soft water fishing equipment ive ever bought. Makes ice fishing so much more fun and rewarding!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The garmin ultra 106 is on sale at Cabelas for Black Friday for $999. You can run the standalone panoptics transducer ( narrower cone angle ) without the black box with this unit. Transducer is about $500 if I remember correctly . Not bad for fishing vertical

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
After fishing with ahab years ago i knew i had to have said technology. I bought my livescope ice fishing bundle last black Friday. I saved about $800.
Best piece of ice and soft water fishing equipment ive ever bought. Makes ice fishing so much more fun and rewarding!

Do you drill a hole and use this to determine if fish are in the area before drilling more holes or something else?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely.
If your after suspended fish like crappie they are absolutely screwed. Its just fun watching bottom fish come in and knowing what direction they are coming and going from and how they react to your presentation.
Dont get me wrong, its also frustrating watching so many check it out and swim off.
In a house or snobear you can bluetooth the image to smart tablets or tvs and everyone can enjoy playing the fishing video!

Lando

Established Member
Absolutely.
If your after suspended fish like crappie they are absolutely screwed. Its just fun watching bottom fish come in and knowing what direction they are coming and going from and how they react to your presentation.
Dont get me wrong, its also frustrating watching so many check it out and swim off.
In a house or snobear you can bluetooth the image to smart tablets or tvs and everyone can enjoy playing the fishing video!

My research found that one of the cons is that you tend to watch the screen too much and not fish. However, I did find this quote......

Are you the type of angler who loves technology and tools? Do you want to maximize every second you spend on the water to catch fish? Do you want to see under the surface and really engage, observe and learn with your baits, presentations, and tactics?

Yes. Yes I do. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been watching all the videos on Livescope, Hummingbird Live, Hummingbird 360, and Livescope perspective. Everytime I think I've got it figured out which one I want I watch another video and change my mind. Livescope looks awesome but the Hummingbird 360 looks pretty cool for just finding fish and then going to them and just using a regular flasher to fish. Livescope perspective looks similar to that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75