Panoptix Livescope

Lando

Established Member
Is anyone using this? I am thinking of picking one of these up, but I do not know if it would help me all that much. I fly fish only......(I know) and want some help getting into bigger fish. My questions is would this upgrade in electronics really help that much? Please advise.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can be a little clumsy, but they provide an endless amount of additional information over traditional sonar.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Ahab, what is it like to search for fish? I'd love to try one on a lake where I have trouble locating the walleyes just to see if I can find them. Its a smaller lake where it seems the walleyes are there one night but not the next. or at least I'm not seeing them on my flasher

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Ahab, what is it like to search for fish? I'd love to try one on a lake where I have trouble locating the walleyes just to see if I can find them. Its a smaller lake where it seems the walleyes are there one night but not the next. or at least I'm not seeing them on my flasher

If they are on featureless flats, it's easy to spin it around and mark fish off to the side. If they are in structure, it's much harder.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ahab, how do they work on rocky shorelines casting up shallow and working a bait back to a boat in 15-20'. I think a guy would have a hard time finding fish in the rock? I'm talking small baseball to basketball sized rocks by the way.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahab, how do they work on rocky shorelines casting up shallow and working a bait back to a boat in 15-20'. I think a guy would have a hard time finding fish in the rock? I'm talking small baseball to basketball sized rocks by the way.

If the boat is rocking back and forth in waves, the rocks are moving on your screen. That makes it tougher to identify moving fish in non moving structure because everything is moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Every type of sonar has a strength and weakness. Live imaging’s weakness is that you have to be watching it constantly. If you didn’t see “live” you missed it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

You are not likely to see them in the rocks. If they are following and not striking you will know they are there and could switch to another lure or go to a slip bobber and a leech and hammer.

Btmbncr

I also have the Garmin livescope and absolutely love it. Have used it for perch and walleye fishing from the boat. It is the real deal! I couldn't believe how easy it is to use once it is set up. I like my vexilars for ice fishing but the Garmin will definetly be a game changer for me!!!

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Ahab. I’ve got a vexilar genz pack fl-18. My wife keeps on telling me I don’t need an upgrade. What is the best way of letting her know I’m going to get a new ice house and a livescope bundle without her getting mad at me?
signed,
wanting new gear.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Ahab. I’ve got a vexilar genz pack fl-18. My wife keeps on telling me I don’t need an upgrade. What is the best way of letting her know I’m going to get a new ice house and a livescope bundle without her getting mad at me?
signed,
wanting new gear.
Dear hopeless and Livescopeless,

Sit her down for a viewing of Deuce Bigalo: Male Gigolo. After that, let her know that you MUST to find a way to purchase said items or you may need to resort to man whoring.

Yours truly,

Mr. Capt Ahab

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74