Ice Predictions?

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone please be careful. I know many of you have city jobs and don’t see the ice all week like I do. It can go from good ice to open spots and those open spots can skim over over night. This week has been tough on the ice and it will be sketchy as hell. All these early ice videos has everyone all jacked up to go hard water fishing but we all need to be very cautious.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If we get 5 to 6 inches of snow before the cold weather starts it will have to get really cold to make good ice with a blanket of insulation on them.

If we get lucky maybe the snow will blow off the lakes.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Scouted around central ND today. 4" or less on the ruler where I checked, and still areas of open water on large and small lakes. Be wary of areas without little patches of snow as they were likely open water this weekend. 20211206_132924.jpg

Attachments

20211206_135502.jpg
Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course we got snow just before the bitter cold temps today.....I'm sure good ol' Jack Frost still made some ice though!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot to empty the outside fridge on the fifth wheel this fall, remembered yesterday for some reason. We have been pretty much below 25* for about 5 days. Somehow nothing was frozen, even the canned seltzer waters somehow made it through the 5 days of freeze.
Guessing by thanksgiving we should be fishing some smaller areas. Forecast is looking cool for the next 10 days.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone want to guess when we will have walkable ice this season
Why or Why INF would you bring up a 1st ICE threat TWO YEARS OLD????

IF there any thread involving when something is going to happen for the first time THAT YEAR, wouldn't it make sense to START A NEW THREAD?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member

IF there any thread involving when something is going to happen for the first time THAT YEAR, wouldn't it make sense to START A NEW THREAD?
Quite possibly he couldn't get it through the eye??

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

Rowdie, you pissed you read the whole thread then looked at the date?? ...rofl...

Freedom

★ Legendary Member
There will be people ice fishing smaller lakes this weekend.
Agreed if the goal is to just be the first to ice fish somewhere in ND would have fishable ice this week. I think it was two years ago there was someone out near me on Halloween. Same area thawed completely a week or so later

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I was going to do that but v has it now that when you start a new thread there may be a thread that's already started. What's the deal with the date of the thread started? The thread wasn't titled with any pacific year so I used the one that was already started. Don't be mad at me blame it on V

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75