Ice Predictions?

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Anyone want to make some predictions on when there will be walkable ice? With the coming forecast, it looks like we could have some by early December? Late November for some of the small sloughs?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Metigoshe 3 or 4 days ago:

IMG_4355 copy.jpg

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know this is a hunting and fishing site and I too love to ice fish but every year when the first guy brings up the when do you think we'll have fishable ice I'd just like to pop em in the mouth. No offense guys I would just like another month of 50 or 60 degree weather is all.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can threaten me with violence if you want to, the sooner the better for me. I got a new-to-me ice house that needs its winter christening!

You had your warm weather...it's time for cold..:::

For real though...I wouldn't mind a few more warm days, maybe a week max...I still have outside stuff to do.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know this is a hunting and fishing site and I too love to ice fish but every year when the first guy brings up the when do you think we'll have fishable ice I'd just like to pop em in the mouth. No offense guys I would just like another month of 50 or 60 degree weather is all.

I get where you are coming from - but I put the boat to bed 2 weeks ago...I hate this transition time! Looked at the forecasted temps for next 2 weeks - I'll say Audubon and Darling will have walkable ice first weekend of December.

- - - Updated - - -

I get where you are coming from - but I put the boat to bed 2 weeks ago...I hate this transition time! Looked at the forecasted temps for next 2 weeks - I'll say Audubon and Darling will have walkable ice first weekend of December.

Greenhorn

Honored Member

Bruh. I'll take some cold temps after the brutal summer we had.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bruh. I'll take some cold temps after the brutal summer we had.

The cold sucks as bad as the heat a nice 30-40 degree day with 10 mph north winds would be nice. It can get cold as hell to lock the water up north of here.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hoping soon. I'm ready to get some ice fishing in and hit up some tournaments.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Audubon should be fishable the week after Thanksgiving. Pulled my first ice walleye out of Audubon 11/21 last year, guessing it will be 12/3 this year. Hopefully earlier.

Casey Buchholz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen two different lakes locked up last weekend while deer hunting in central ND. Both are perch and walleye lakes.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marsha Brady was a fox.

I wont hit the ice until I can safely drive my ranger on it. So until then I will shoot at roosters, and piss with the wind.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen two different lakes locked up last weekend while deer hunting in central ND. Both are perch and walleye lakes.
That seems hard to believe. Must be really small & shallow. There were several smallish lakes I saw in between I94 and hwy 200 that were basically wide open last weekend. Wouldn't doubt they're locking up now though.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would say by next weekend some vehicle in the drink

Casey Buchholz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would I lie?! Haha Some people on here amaze me. I also walked on a couple lakes but I suppose that I'm just imagining that too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76