OFA exrays vet in bismark

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In February i am going to need ofa xrays for my dog wondering if any one up there has a vet they would recommend. It shouldnt be a big deal just wondering what experiences people have.

- - - Updated - - -

wont let me fix the horrible spelling in the title;:;banghead

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if that is something that most clinics do but I'm guessing Missouri Valley clinic would do it. Generally a little more expensive and a little more booked out than other places.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We use Missouri Valley because of proximity but I've heard great things about the vet in Steele and prices are supposed to be reasonable..... but haven't used him myself. Been happy with Missouri Valley other than a little pricey.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got in heart river due to scheduling the lady seemed really knowledgeable and nice

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you own a larger breed of dog or are looking for one, you may have heard the term OFA Certified. ... The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals is the recognized certifying body to evaluate and determine if a dog will have problem hips.

If
[FONT=&quot]you own a larger breed of dog or are looking for one, you may have heard the term OFA Certified. This refers to the dog’s hip joints and is an indicator of potential problems for your dog. Hip problems for any active dog will cause pain and discomfort that will get progressively worse. The unstable hip joint will lead to osteoarthritis.

[/FONT]

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what is OFB?

ofa is a X-ray that they take to evaluate hips and elbows to help eliminate hip dysplasia if you breed your dog . They are rated normal , borderline it dysplastic. In those three they have subcategories. So you want normal with excellent ,good or fair. They also have another procedure called pennhip that is a measurement so it is less subjective. Three vets evaluate the ofa X-ray to give your rating. I don’t know that I will ever breed him but if I do I want to do it right. I will also get a genetic panel run to make sure he isn’t a carrier of anything. People wonder why good dogs breed by good breeders cost a lot there is a lot of cost that goes into having good healthy dogs. Our first lab had hip dysplasia and it was horrible I never want to experience that again or have some one else if I do breed him. It is something that can be fixed with responsible breeding.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76