Thanksgiving Dinner - Any Shake-ups?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love me some good turkey, gravy, stuffing and leftovers. if a fella never had it on turkey day, when would ya bother the rest of the year? no way i would completely abandon this meal by giving up the one time each year i get to enjoy it

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might make a pass at the mother in law to shake things up a bit this year. And maybe some elk sausage stuffed under the turkey breast before it hits the smoker.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't even know 43people.

We are doing a turkey and a brisket.

Just my kids and their significant others, also 2 grandkids.
Total of 12

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently we are playing some Race Horse game with a roll of quarters. Sounds gay, but I guess I’ll give it a whirl.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Traditional for us. Gotta have a turkey carcass for soup later. Christmas is another story. All three sons, wives, and my grandkids will be here.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not being able to taste or smell anything is going to be a shake-up for me.;:;banghead

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Including us, we are having 43 people at our house for Thanksgiving. Turkey, Ham, homemade stuffing, homemade pies, the works.

After they all leave, I'm going to lay on the floor in the garage and just snooze.

You better keep it down or I'll be calling the cops.....and stay off my lawn!

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Staying somewhat traditional. Gonna grill the turkey on the pitboss, but like most say a turkey is a turkey. Maybe I should try a brine? daughters are going to make the rest. We are doing a gluten free dinner as wife found out she has celiac disease...if the stuffing ends up like most GF meals that include bread itll taste like shit. Everything else should be legit good

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traditional for us . Cornish Game Hens . Everybody gets their own bird . Potato hamburger dressing, yams corn mashed potatoes and apple crisp .

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Apparently we are playing some Race Horse game with a roll of quarters. Sounds gay, but I guess I’ll give it a whirl.

Played the horse race game at a new years eve party a couple years ago and it was a blast.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We make Turkey and the fixings once a year so for me what’s not to be excited for! If we didn’t make it for Thanksgiving we would probably never have it during the year. Turkey, homemade Stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, green been casserole, fresh buns, turkey gravy with all the juice! Seriously what’s not to like!?!?!?!? If you don’t like it put gravy on it and it will taste wonderful!

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend s mom made the best turkey chow mien in the world always made sure I would be at their house a day or two after thanksgiving and Christmas awesome stuff

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76