Thanksgiving Dinner - Any Shake-ups?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am probably going away from my traditional of frozen pizza and will probably do a Ribeye on grill. Hard to cook true traditional when alone so keep it simple

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
that's too many people. feel free to escape to my house.

I just may. I'd call first. Do you need help with anything? ANYTHING?

- - - Updated - - -

43 people? You must be insane...;:;bowdown

You're not wrong. I wouldn't do it, but I love my wife. Her entire (local) family is coming. She has three siblings, and one of them alone - represents 25 people, with his children - their spouses and children.

Most of them are only going to be at our house a few hours. I may need to be in the garage part of that time, just for some R and R. Four of them are staying until saturday morning. It'll be a huge sigh of relief the rest of the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently we are playing some Race Horse game with a roll of quarters. Sounds gay, but I guess I’ll give it a whirl.

I have a pal who was a prison guard for over 30 years. He told me once, "You'd be amazed at how many people are gay-for-the-stay" and are otherwise not.

- - - Updated - - -

You better keep it down or I'll be calling the cops.....and stay off my lawn!

You have a triple driveway. I'll send some people to your house to park.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well whatever folks decide to cook up "don't send me pictures" we're eating the same goddamn thing....

Well after a morning pheasant hunt,it'll be to cold tomorrow to fire up the smoker,so a batch of chili?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wild turkey cut into "nuggets", dusted w/Fryin' Magic, browned quickly then tossed into the bottom of a cook-in bag.

Cover the nuggets with a concoction of stuffing/rice mixture then bake for 1hr @ 350. Cut the top off the bag @ ~45min mark to get a crust on top of the stuffing.

Mashed potatoes and gravy. Maybe some green-bean casserole not sure what else.

Regarding store-bought turkey, I like fresh-hot turkey right away, but, I'm not a fan of cold leftovers.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well whatever folks decide to cook up "don't send me pictures" we're eating the same goddamn thing....

Well after a morning pheasant hunt,it'll be to cold tomorrow to fire up the smoker,so a batch of chili?
Fresh pheasant chile= send pictures:;:stirthepot

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess!

IMG_2922.jpg

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, more of an audible than planned, but it'll be smoked ribs and venison tenderloin instead of turkey for this household. Can't go wrong, am I right?!?

Forgot to take the damn turkey out and won't be thawed in time. We'll have all the traditional side dishes and desserts but pork and deer instead of the bird. Can't say I'm overly disappointed....at all. The wife stopped short of accusing me of forgetting to take the bird out earlier....I would never do such a thing ;)

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 spatchcocked chickens on the bbq, cheesy hash browns, Amish cauliflower\broccoli salad, corn, green beans, homemade dinner roles, pumpkin pie, cookies and cream pie.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet potatoes made with squash.
Pumpkin pie made with squash.
Roast turkey. Made into soup Tuesday. I like turkey hot and fresh. Not so much the next day. Soup is good.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Freddies is a lefse maker in West Fargo very good for a large scale lefse maker. Nothing beats homemade though.

Lady in the Turtle Mountains originally from Newburg makes/sells lefse. For the Botno First Lutheran Church lutefisk dinner she made 1,300 rounds!!!

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Waiting for my yearly Lutefisk dinner, just me,nobody else will show up, good stuff, if I can't find any Lutefisk, Cod will work just fine

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Up at 6am. Started getting things chopped for dressing, celery, apples , onions, and chicken liver. Started by frying chicken liver in yesterdays bacon drippings then adding the rest in reverse order. Cook on low heat to blend flavors. I use stove top dressing for my main base. Chicken broth instead of water and extra butter and poultry seasoning to taste. When main dressing is done I add the extras and then the whole batch goes in to slow cooker on low. Turkey legs seasoned and in roaster. Cloverdale teardrop ham in small backing dish with chicken stock to warm right before dinner. Spuds pealed and ready to boil for mashed taters. Lefse buttered and sugar added and rolled up. Dinner sweet rolls sliced and buttered. Green beans, corn and sweet potatoes in small pans ready to heat. Cold slaw made yesterday. Wine chilling in garage. Olives, pickles, carrots and red grapes in relish tray cooling in fridge. Apple crisp ready to warm with icecream topping for desert. Did I forget anything? Not going to be able to move after dinner and I already got my loose sweatpants on. Now I just pray my arterys dont slam shut. Happy Thanksgiving All. LB and Bun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76