Record MN Muskie (Pickles)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Monster indeed. A pike could've been released. The prima donna nature of muskies astounds me. They have no lust for life: A short battle followed by easy landing of limp dejection. A pike that size would have torn up a lot of shit and caused a torpedo wake upon release; possibly re-attacking the boat. I totally get the mystique surrounding muskies and wish they'd evolve some balls.

My goal for such a fish would be to keep alive and donate to an aquarium. As chances of this seem minimal for a muskie; I'm more than willing to care for a skin mount.

Prima Donna/One more beer:

https://youtu.be/2TfuRv4Wa_g

Musing: I saw the above vid when I was 12. I'll never forget. I became very envious of Elton John. You'll see why!

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Every few years mille lacs yields a monster,was just a matter of time before someone kept her,suspect she was caught many times over the years,hell a few years ago whilst night trolling walleyes on mille lacs on a local reef buddy called us over after he landed a giant,55"s the fish maxxed out a 50lb digital scale,was CPR'd that night....then some die from old age or can't recover from being hooked like this monster found floating on the north end of mille lacs one summer day...60+ inches

ski.jpg

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Waiting for MM to chime in,or maybe he's on to you guyz pickling these big fish...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
::thinking:: Wonder how many quarts a fish like that would fill? :;:huh

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105