Giant MLB Buck

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couldnt happen to a better guy!...Outside chipper and LaRoche and me being a biased Braves' fan of course... (Major leauge bow hunter FTW..)

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read some of the comments from the story. Some didn't think any trophy from managed property should be eligible for trophy status. Define managed property. I obviously don't know every landowner in this state but the ones I do know and are active deer hunters, their land is managed in some fashion. Some allow open hunting but may provide some habitat to attract deer. Some only allow limited hunting and encourage some deer to be allowed to gain some age. Some are very particular who hunts and prefer only certain animals to be taken. Is there a better chance of shooting a trophy deer on highly managed land. Sure there is, but mostly that's because some of those deer are allowed to live to an older age. What's best? Depends on the hunter. some are just trying to shoot a legal deer. Maybe don't have time to hunt every day of the 16 day season. Maybe don't want to travel a lot.

My point is that not everyone has the same desire, time or resources to shoot big racked deer. Doesn't make for any less of a hunt. Have fun, enjoy whatever you harvest, and don't get jealous of a hunter lucky enough to harvest that trophy.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't we all a little jealous of guys that own enough land to "manage" a deer herd. The only problem I have is when guys try scaring the deer back on their property, get pissy when the neighbors shoot "their" deer.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like most that get a trail camera picture of a big buck think they own that deer. Land manager or just hunter it doesn’t seem to matter in my experience. But Sometimes I’m nice and make sure they know the deer is dead after the season lol

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems about the time a buck hits 100" or more, there's always someone who has to run their yap about how/where/by whom it was killed or what it scored.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74