Back to Hunting

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Group of 11 dear (they were not pulling anything) came across the pasture north of house, 4 does and 7 bucks. This was last Friday late afternoon. Surprised the bucks were acting nice to each other. Thought they would be a little fiesty yet so soon after season. Have not seen a lot of young of the year for some reason. The bucks in this group were all 2 and 1/2 and better. Just strange to my judgement of deer. Even seeing a few jackrabbits around, been few and far between over the last 10 years. Going for a drive around tomarrow to see if there is any yote around, should be some tracks about. Always keep a 12 in the front seat for a late season rooster, never can tell might ditch pound one. Well I caught motion in bean field north of pasture and they are feeding in bean stubble that didnt get combined very well. Only 6 so far, will see if more show up while I get squash ready for supper. Forget the politics and the news and enjoy the next few weeks before winter really sets in. Relax brothers for life is too short. GREY BEARD OUT. LB

- - - Updated - - -

Fox just came through the garden behind the house, great afternoon to be watching critters.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We noticed last week for muzzle loader that deer started herding up already. Wouldn't think the rut would be over yet with the early season opener but sure appears to be. No 1 on 1 action out there at all that we witnessed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56