Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find if I pay more than $15-20 to watch somebody do something, I end up pissed off before it's done. Sporting events, concerts, even movies with the family all leave me thinking I could have done something better with the money.
I remember when you could buy a case of target loads and a couple boxes of clays for under $100...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
is he worth 90bucks to stand on a muddy race track pushed up against some hot 20 somethings on a hot july friday night in fargone. Hand me a busch light yes -- give me a ticket please

haha you are the creeper all the girls talk about. Be better to take that 90 to the northern at least those girls get paid. Wouldn’t give a wooden nickel to see him sing but he is did a good job on 1883.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it sounds like 1932 is the next timeline for the duttons coming to screen.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard something about a few additional episodes of 1883, maybe to just set up 1932.
There was a lot of closure on the final episode, for sure.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My grand parents came to the US around 1885 and I am sure glad they stayed east of the Mississippi and Missouri. Each Family only lost one child on their way here and that was due to the Spainish Flue. My mothers side came here from the east and my fathers side from the south. Took many years for my dads side to reach ND. Grandpa Brandt would stay in each state for a few years and none of their 13 kids were born in ND. My moms family 6 kids were all born in ND. Even with a family that size I dont think I could tell you where a half dozen of my cousins are right now. How times changed. No more 100 people gatherings for family reunions. LB

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
is he worth 90bucks to stand on a muddy race track pushed up against some hot 20 somethings on a hot july friday night in fargone. Hand me a busch light yes -- give me a ticket please

This is/was very
familiar. 30 plus years ago Fargo fair. Patty Lovelace. 2 inches of mud on the racetrack. Close enough her backup singer blew me a kiss. Got drag out her CD now.;:;boohoo

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another thing I like about this western series is the storyline was well written with complete attention to detail on all characters. The storyline was probably able to be done that way because Taylor Sheridan had no intention of a season 2, I will be watching this one again its not very often I rewatch a series more than once. Season 1 of the Ozarks was the last show i watched more then once.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dang,I missed this show....However I did read about San Elliot ranting about some "gay" cowboy movie that is coming out,ole sam let the f--inhimers fly,so called cowboyz running around in assless chaps,filmed in new zealand calling the set Montana....on n on,guess the Lqueer folks were offended buy Sam's remarks,oh well.

"ELLIOT'S QUOTE~

[h=1]Piece of S***’: Legendary Actor Star Slams Oscar-Bound Western ‘The Power Of The Dog’ For Homosexual Themes[/h]

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sam is 77 years old. I bet he cares less by the day what the alphabet soup people think! It’s nice to see someone not afraid to speak their mind. I doubt his fan base changed any as a result!
When Sam Elliot is involved, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be a good western.

I like the one season and done aspect of 1883. It is basically like a 12 hour long western movie with a beginning and an end. Wasn’t lonesome dove about that long too?

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have to get 1883 when it comes out on DVD.
Not paying 5 bucks a month for more TV stations. Damn cable bill is high enough.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Amazon Prime had it for free, if you have a membership.

Well amazon prime ain't free,got a notice from amazon last week,they jacked my prime monthly membership up to $17.99/month....must of had a brain fart jumping on amazon prime...somehow I missed the monthly fee part,pulled the plug on that deal.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Amazon Prime, like a lot of things, used to be a good deal and used to be well worth having.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well amazon prime ain't free,got a notice from amazon last week,they jacked my prime monthly membership up to $17.99/month....must of had a brain fart jumping on amazon prime...somehow I missed the monthly fee part,pulled the plug on that deal.

Yep. Everything continues to go up. I wonder how much more I pay a month since Amazon, Netflix, cable, electric, gas, pretty much everything has increased due to inflation. What I was saying is if you have the membership, you can watch 1883 for free. Unlike Yellowstone, or some other shows that a person still has to buy even if you have the membership.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep. Everything continues to go up. I wonder how much more I pay a month since Amazon, Netflix, cable, electric, gas, pretty much everything has increased due to inflation. What I was saying is if you have the membership, you can watch 1883 for free. Unlike Yellowstone, or some other shows that a person still has to buy even if you have the membership.

Gotcha,in life nothing is free,biden lies to us every day about his idea of freebis,I canceled my amazon prime when they sent me the upgraded prime fee,I was clueless about the prime monthly fee,they can pound sand,guess Ill wait until 1883 shows up on a dish channel one of these days.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gotcha,in life nothing is free,biden lies to us every day about his idea of freebis,I canceled my amazon prime when they sent me the upgraded prime fee,I was clueless about the prime monthly fee,they can pound sand,guess Ill wait until 1883 shows up on a dish channel one of these days.
You can come over and binge-watch it at my place, just need to bring your own drinking fluid. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazon Prime is what my wife has and it only let you watch the 1st 2 episodes and then you had to buy the Paramount streaming service.

I did like the 1st two episodes. I thought they were better than Yellerstone

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sam is 77 years old. I bet he cares less by the day what the alphabet soup people think! It’s nice to see someone not afraid to speak their mind. I doubt his fan base changed any as a result!
When Sam Elliot is involved, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be a good western.

I like the one season and done aspect of 1883. It is basically like a 12 hour long western movie with a beginning and an end. Wasn’t lonesome dove about that long too?

Lonesome dove was like 8 hours

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79