Garbage People

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20211212_114004.jpg
20211212_114010.jpg
20211212_113956.jpg

If you leave the ice like this please find a new hobby.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
C’mon, discarding cigarette butts is not littering. It’s OK to throw them out of vehicles, flick on sidewalks, toss over the side of the boat, etc. :::

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think whoever this is, has a serious smoking problem...smh holy cow..let up on the cigarettes dude, not to mention, leave a perch thats dead??? Takes one idiot to ruin for everyone else....

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a game warden in Ontario come unglued on me over a one cig butte in my otter that fell off my bench when i got up to open the door. threatened to fine me like 800 bucks. calmed down when i showed him my butt can. we moved and he went back and checked our area couple hours later.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Im not a smoker and find the habit somewhat annoying but cig butts on the ground dont really bother me either.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i smoked thought it was no big deal now for some reason cigs really piss me off. go figure

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cig butts I don't like but am more offended dependent on where they are at. I assume I'm going to see some in the gutter on the street. On the ice like pictured bother me. Don't like them on a manicured golf course. Remember years ago when some teachers still smoked in the teacher lounge and ashtrays were full of butts. I chewed and was frequently reminded of "My filthy habit" by smokers. Never did I spit on the floor or in the trays and I asked "Who really has the filthy habit in here?"

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about pinched off minnows? I think that is considered litter but its never bothered me to see pieces of minnow on the ice. I can see not dumping out your bait pail at the end of the day but bits of minnows I've just not considered a big deal.

It is unreal the amount of litter you see on the ice at times. I've seen when everyone takes their permanent houses off of a small lake I fish and its like they clean out all the old food and wrappers and just leave them there. Or you'll see a pop bottle stuck in the snow, I'm not sure if that was someones marker to find their fav spot but I pick that shit up when I see it.

When I shore fish I usually pick up all the litter I see.

Litter is pretty terrible along all our highways and roads. If you've ever cut a highway ditch for hay a few miles away from a convience store you'll know what I mean. Some of it is just crazy like when you see garbage bags full that looks like someone just stopped and set it off nicely rather than disposing of it at the next town.

I remember tossing out beer cans and bottles back in my younger days and now I think how stupid that was.

A cigarette butt or two in a parking lot doesn't bother me so much but when you see where someone dumps there ash tray out you'd like to find out who it was, scoop that crap up and toss it right back in their car.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
People are garbage.
I walk the same 1/2 mile of gravel with my dog every day, and just about every day there's something new to pick up. I can't tell you how many Busch lite cans I've picked up, but I do sometimes fantasize about melting them all down, forming a hammer, and then murdering every littering asshole I encounter with it.

Oh, and apparently, the Sheyenne Diversion is the perfect place to get rid of things you don't want.
Over the years, I've found pallets, concrete chunks, a vacuum cleaner, discarded house plants, a 6ft spruce tree, two dead rabbits in plastic grocery bags, and what looks like the leftovers from an entire picnic. -- And that's just the particularly atrocious crap off the top of my head.

WP_20160929_001.jpg WP_20150826_001.jpg

What blows my mind is the number of dumpsters and other trash receptacles these shit bags must have driven by to go dump their crap in the diversion. It's like some people go out of their way to be the scum of the earth.

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People are garbage.
I walk the same 1/2 mile of gravel with my dog every day, and just about every day there's something new to pick up. I can't tell you how many Busch lite cans I've picked up, but I do sometimes fantasize about melting them all down, forming a hammer, and then murdering every littering asshole I encounter with it.

Oh, and apparently, the Sheyenne Diversion is the perfect place to get rid of things you don't want.
Over the years, I've found pallets, concrete chunks, a vacuum cleaner, discarded house plants, a 6ft spruce tree, two dead rabbits in plastic grocery bags, and what looks like the leftovers from an entire picnic. -- And that's just the particularly atrocious crap off the top of my head.

Screenshot_20231125-183034~2.png Screenshot_20231125-183034~2.png

What blows my mind is the number of dumpsters and other trash receptacles these shit bags must have driven by to go dump their crap in the diversion. It's like some people go out of their way to be the scum of the earth.

I have to agree with you, we live on a dead end road with very little traffic. I have picked up sofa's and chairs a few TV's. People dont care. I did call the Sheriffs office when I found a Dr bill in the sofa. I never did hear if they talked to the person. I take the garbage to the solid waste depot in Moorhead and they dont charge me for dropping the stuff off.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How about pinched off minnows? I think that is considered litter but its never bothered me to see pieces of minnow on the ice.

A cigarette butt or two in a parking lot doesn't bother me so much

I expect better from outdoors people than town rats. I don't know how you go to the effort to enjoy the beautiful ND outdoors and think "this place needs more cigarette butts!".

Minnows are organic and won't hurt anything. Butts and cans are completely different. Leaving an edible size fish dead in a hole is lazy too.

Parking lots drain to sewers which often drain straight to rivers.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you want to see garbage on the ice come to the north end of 6 mile bay in the spring What i like the most is ice castle guys that leave their garbage full of shit on the ice or the guys that use a ice hole as a fridge and leave all their beer and food when they leave.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I had enough time to post a reply on a website about cigarettes on the ice. Whelp, schmaltz beat me to it lol

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
nothing to be said by me that wasn't already said cept this... minnows or minnow parts don't bother me on the ice. well they do. sort of. but, considering they specifically tell you to dump the bucket on the ice and not down the hole, i can't really see why a few tails would or should be any different.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drilled right into a shit hole once, that was not neat. However as a former smoker, that guy needs to either smoke or quit, I would have had 40 butts on the ice back in the day, and at least 12 piss spot stains, and a sunflower seeds every fucking inch of that area.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75