Trick your Monster Box

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, finally got a monster box for my ATV and got rid of the drop-down rack (should have done this years ago). Added a Scheel's rod case and modified it by adding chains and bungee-cords to hold the rods in and have a working table while it sits upright. Added a net to the underside of the lid for extra gloves, hats, ect., and a nice piece of foam custom fit to the bottom (thanks for the template TommyBoy!) And now just in the past week added lights around the outside of the box and one strip light on the inside of the box that works with the Norsk batteries and hooks up via their two USB outlets built into the battery case. Very pleased how everything turned out. This is a Winnipeg killing machine, keeps your gear very protected and with the foam and making sure the box is really packed, you don't get any movement or things flying around at all.

ob1.jpg

ob2.jpg

ob3.jpg

ob4.jpg

ob5.jpg

ob6.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Otter box is a must for an ice fishing atv, it’s amazing how much they can hold and you just drive your rig on the trailer and go, no unloading everything. To bad they quit making the rod box that slides on though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this would be about tricking the old lady into some action

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need a hot box on the front rack to hold a whore.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy modifying my equipment to be more efficient almost as much as actually fishing. Nice work!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only thing I'd be concerned about is the foam inserts on the rod case. Mine continue to fall out requiring me to use a hot glue gun. I'd imagine after a run across Winni that some things might shake loose.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only thing I'd be concerned about is the foam inserts on the rod case. Mine continue to fall out requiring me to use a hot glue gun. I'd imagine after a run across Winni that some things might shake loose.

DM, the bungee cords are riveted on to the case itself, so it holds not only the foam inserts to the case, but also holds the rod handles in the foam insert.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67