How low did you go?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised that's a record, swear last year's week of cold snap woulda been worse but maybe that was more up this way.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised that's a record, swear last year's week of cold snap woulda been worse but maybe that was more up this way.

Record for the day I'm guessing; certainly not an all-time record.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
-30 but -57 was reported as the wind chill. -57 surprised me as I didn't think there was much more than a light breeze. Light meaning less than 10mph but I don't have a meter to measure wind. It just didn't feel as an unbearable wind. Then again is there really all that much difference between -35 and -25? Both get the attention of warm weather folks and make for a bad day of golf.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes I think they need to redo their windchill forecast. -5 with a 15mph wind feels way colder than -25 with a 5mph wind to me. But they'll say that at -25 any wind is like a -50 wind chill when it really doesn't seem that bad.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can’t sleep because it sounds like my windows are going to explode. We got -10 right now. Weather people are saying 40-50 mph winds gusting 75. Some gusts seem stronger. Not sure what the windchill is but had to run out earlier today and was gasping for air. Pretty wild. People across the street have no power since 6 pm and the three neighboring towns are completely out with the wind forecasted to last for another 18 hours. Our community well is on a grid that’s down so we have the bathtub full of water just to flush the shitter! Also have a bunch of propane if needed and buckets ready if SHTF and I need to drain the house. Luckily we’re on gas so we have the fireplace, stove, and garage heater to fall back on! Gotta take the bad with the good and I guess hunting sheep OTC every year is our reward for putting up with this shit! Palmer, AK. Nice prepper to camp for musk ox tags Monday and Tuesday night with a -8F and 25mph wind in the forecast!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
-11 right now at 9:00 am, Up late so slept in this morning, felt good. LB

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We still have a nightmare on our hands. Sitting at -9 at my house and gusts are 80mph+ and not letting up. Not even sure what the wind chill is, but I had to run some things down in the yard and it was painful to say the least. Lots of damage, 20,000 people without power. I even saw that the KFC just down the road had it's roof blown completely off. Been at it for about 48 hours and advisory has been extended to 6PM. In and out of power all weekend. Ready for this trash to be done. Supposed to drive to town this afternoon to fly the Bethel for Ox tags, I'll be depressed if I can't make it!

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
We still have a nightmare on our hands. Sitting at -9 at my house and gusts are 80mph+ and not letting up. Not even sure what the wind chill is, but I had to run some things down in the yard and it was painful to say the least. Lots of damage, 20,000 people without power. I even saw that the KFC just down the road had it's roof blown completely off. Been at it for about 48 hours and advisory has been extended to 6PM. In and out of power all weekend. Ready for this trash to be done. Supposed to drive to town this afternoon to fly the Bethel for Ox tags, I'll be depressed if I can't make it!

Godspeed!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife complained that it was cool in the bathroom after her shower this morning. I told her to step out the back door naked sence we live in the sticks and then the house will not feel so bad. That did not fly for shit. Temp was at -29 at 6:30 this morning. Might go down more when the sun comes up and why is that? LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, minus 30+ at Ft KDM for the 4th day in a row. Enough please!!! I'm going from frost bite to freeze dried here. Even the sparrows are starting to have meetings to go "woke" on temperature and cancel it. I'm not asking for 40 above zero.......just ABOVE zero. Two of the most unlikable things about North Dakota. January and February. The rest is easy in my opinion. Stay warm and safe out there fellas. Protect yourselves and your loved ones. This cold is damn dangerous.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74