Portable ice shack question

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered from L&M Fleet supply. I have never heard of this company but googled fatfish 949i and it came up. Says it just shipped this morning.

L&M was where I ordered mine from several years ago.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
that tiny layer of insulation makes an impressive difference, not just in using less propane, but no water drips, and a warmer wife. She to my astonishment actually just this morning was planning us a trip out for the weekend of the 15th. First time in my life she was the one wanting to make a trip to the frozen lake.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
She must be feeling a little frishky? :;:thumbsup

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
L and M -- they have one in detroit lakes --- its a good store.

Darkness -- back in the day - i had the old canvas 4x8 portable that was heavy and attached to a piece of plywood. That thing didnt let any light in. It was great on sunny days as the sun would warm up that canvas -- but it sucked in my opinion as i had to keep the door open or a light on all the time. Granted a hub has a lot of light from the floor--and for the guy who wants to look down the hole to see his lure if visable dark is the wway to go (generally not me)- although this year that is less as the the ice is covered up and if you dig it down (at least here in the east) you have water all over the floor. The guy who said make the sleds on the clams white deserves a raise. talk about night and day---You now can see what you have in your sled. i dont spear so i want as much light as possible.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it...they have the 949i for sale in Fleet Farm flyer ( sioux falls) for $259. Assume Fargo too?

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
ice house.jpg

I just ordered this one myself

yeah that's my concern too. I need a little size but that adds weight and I fish alone most of time too. May be hard to load up in pickup? Maybe sticking with hub is right idea. Plus they're a lot cheaper. Any recommendations on larger insulated ones?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it...they have the 949i for sale in Fleet Farm flyer ( sioux falls) for $259. Assume Fargo too?
Good luck finding anything in stores. These flyers are printed 6 months in advance a lot of times. With the covid shit and supply issues I'd guess most things like these are like finding unicorns in the store.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76