J-Wheelz?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked into them 5 or so years ago for a mini truck and found they arent near as good as they say. mud and water not so bad snow not so good

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have looked at them too, the videos sure make them look bullet proof.

I would like to see them in the field. Or a lake where your breaking thru the snow into slush.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tracks work by 1) distributing the load over a much larger area to reduce applied pressure, and 2) significantly increasing traction through deep ribs on the tracks. Those j wheels do neither of those things and you would surely be disappointed if you expect to travel over feet of snow like a tracked rig.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a guy that had them for a few years. Saw them in action in muddy fields spring snow goose hunting. No comparison to tracks IMO. Can't comment on snow though. Not saying they didn't help a bit, just nothing like what tracks do.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I suspected many answers like this and appreciate the feedback. They aren't really advertised at all, have only a few authorized dealers in ND, and after finding some 7 year old youtube videos I'd have to agree about the snow usage. I just don't see them working as intended.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57