yellowed headlights

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else tired of... and trying to figure out why manufactures are using plastic instead of glass for the headlamps on today's vehicles? I've tried various kits and methods to remove/reduce the yellowing that occurs with poor results.
I've been told they went to plastic to minimize the dangers/clean-up of glass in accidents, but that to me is a lame answer considering the terrible brightness loss as they yellow. It just plain SUCKS!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i figured plastic is way cheaper than glass, i have some found replacement head light not too bad of price for some vehicles

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just run into something and have your insurance pay for new ones. ::beavisnbutthead::

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little fender bender, and gonna cost alot more to replace if they were glass but the yellowing does suck.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have tried a lot of diffrent treatment on the wifes Ford Focus and nothing really worked, then I noticed a lot of it is on the inside of the lens. Looked up the price of new lenes and not that bad so will go that route when we put it back on the road in the spring.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had good luck with the kit with the sanding wheel. There is usually a fair amount of material that needs to be removed to get rid of the oxidation so found I needed to be much more aggressive at removing it than I was.

This summer I watched my neighbor use Deep Woods Off, the Max Sportsman's stuff. I shit you not, he sprayed his lens and that crud just ran off and they looked almost new. Made me think twice about putting that shit on my skin! Not sure how long it will last but it worked.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had good luck with the kit with the sanding wheel. There is usually a fair amount of material that needs to be removed to get rid of the oxidation so found I needed to be much more aggressive at removing it than I was.

This summer I watched my neighbor use Deep Woods Off, the Max Sportsman's stuff. I shit you not, he sprayed his lens and that crud just ran off and they looked almost new. Made me think twice about putting that shit on my skin! Not sure how long it will last but it worked.
I am going to try that in the spring because I got like 4 bottles of it, but I only put it on my clothes because its like 100% deet.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Posted this same bitch last year after trying things like rubbing compound/buffer,tooth paste etc. Then someone here on NDA posted "WD-40" shit works great.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69