Home Printer

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any recommendations??? We presently have a HP Envy 7640. It has been a great printer. It must be close to 8 maybe 10 years old. I am sure when it goes we will buy another one. I would like to stay under $200 bucks. It does an excellent job on pictures.

What does most use these days?

Thanks!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently bought an HP 9015. It was easy to set up and is easy to print from any device on the same wireless signal. Computers, laptop, phone or tablet. Simple setup as well. I printed out a dog pic after the cartridge heads were aligned and it prints exceptional quality photos on just plain old paper.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd shop for something that uses cheap ink if I was looking. Some of those cartridge's are way too expensive.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you don't need color, get a Brother laser printer. Cheap and easy to refill. Ink is bad for infrequent use as it dries on the print head if not exercised weekly.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had an HP 2600 scan/copy/fax setup for at least 5 or 6 years. Then a recent Windows 10 update didn't include updated drivers for it, and HP didn't have any either, so I went to Walmart and bought another HP, this time it's a 2752 with pretty much all the same features. Cost me a whopping $64. It will do everything I want, but as Slappy noted...my intermittent use of inkjet printers results in above normal ink cost as cartridges dry out. If I printed more I would buy a laser.

I see little reason to spend any more on a printer than is necessary nowadays, they all do a great job with printing docs or pics.

But after running Epson and Cannon printers in the 90s, I pretty much stick to HP nowadays.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting subject. I spent two days trying to get my printer to work. It still works with the old laptop that has Windows 7. I purchased the newer one tree years ago, but then got the old one I like working so didnt use the new one until this year. The computer shop I purchased it from had taken off windows 10 and installed Windows 7. After about a week of using it I got up one morning and Windows 10 was back on it. I took it to the computer shop where I purchased it and he charged me $70 to install Windows 7. Next morning Windows 10 was back on it. I guess I'll keep my Canon for the copy and use with my old computer and buy a cheap one for the new computer.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canon Pixma 160 is what we have. Everything will Connect wirelessly

Fordman

Buy a hp printer and get hp instant ink. 2 years now on same ink cartidges they sent me. The plan I have is free if I print less than 10 pages a month. A dollar for the next 20. They monitor your ink levels and when low they send out more at no extra charge

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a Canon MX882 from Walmart 6 years ago for under $100. Very good printer, copier and fax. We buy the ink on line in bulk very cheap, as we use it a lot. My wife is self employed and uses all features of it. I actually work for a company that sells printers and we could not compete price wise for a home printer even with a cost + 10 percent discount.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600

Overall I like it, but it sure goes through the ink.
(Maybe that is because I print a lot of high-end graphics for one of my hobbies . . .)

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i was full time self-employed id buy printer bought hp, brothers, cannon, they would work fine the ink would run out, id take a loan out to buy replacement cartridges. couple weeks later printer takes a crap the paper feed, wifi stops, or some other malfunction i have a pile of printers in my burn pit. on the same one now for a couple years.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
And which one has lasted a couple of years?

- - - Updated - - -

Fwiw, the little cartridges suck unless u use them a lot cause they dry out. Then when u use them a lot, well... they run out. And the real bullshit part about many of them is they won't print in black and white when you are short on a color. Like cyan! Come on man! I am printing a word document. Don't tell me I need fucking cyan for your machine to print. Absolutely if you can avoid a color printer, do so. Black and white only laser jets are virtually bullet proof and the ink lasts til your grandkids are dead if only printing documents. Very fast And they are all sub 100 on the aftermarket. But, they aren't copiers and scanners. Our way around it is to scan with our dried out ink jet and then print as many black and white copies as we need at home. If we are doing photos or cards, hate to give business to them... but, wally world is dirt cheap, fast and reliable.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not every town in the Midwest has a Kinkos. the vice whore told us so

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82