Looking for Pike in the Steele/napoleon area.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone been having any luck? Taking my elderly mom out wed, hoping to get some fish for the freezer... Thanks

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Had really good luck off the boat landing at Beaver Lake State Park - tip ups in about 8-12 fow. last weekend - started biting around 7:30 am till noon. Then a few all afternoon and a big push 30 minutes before sunset and hour after sunset. We were about 3/4 mile south of the ramp out from the Park Rangers house.
Good Luck!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had really good luck off the boat landing at Beaver Lake State Park - tip ups in about 8-12 fow. last weekend - started biting around 7:30 am till noon. Then a few all afternoon and a big push 30 minutes before sunset and hour after sunset. We were about 3/4 mile south of the ramp out from the Park Rangers house.
Good Luck!

appreciate the tip, were some decent sized?

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Biggest was about 35 inches - a couple that tipped scale a little over 10. Most were in the 5-6 pound range. That's a guess since nobody had a scale or tape. The 35" is a guess based on my 36" inseam ;=))

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ended up on West Lake, did pretty good, was only there for maybe 3 hours...

20220112_155904.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Atta boy Lycan , they'll fry up nice. I like Northerns probably even better than walleye but need more practice cleaning them.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Atta boy Lycan , they'll fry up nice. I like Northerns probably even better than walleye but need more practice cleaning them.

Yeah they are good eats, some of these were a little small to cut the y bones out, its easy to cut through them when the fish arent big enough. 6-8 lb ones are about ideal imo. My parents done mind bones so they get a lot of the boney parts... Personally Id rather fry up a burger than have to pick bones out of my fish.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesnt look like much snow on the lake. How much ice and can you drive a pickup on it?

you can get around if you are careful, there are drifts that are crusted over so if you get into deeper stuff and arent moving at a decent clip, its easy to get hung up. There are some fairly well traveled trails, if you wanna fish where everyone else is, else you gotta kinda meander around avoiding the deeper drifts, which are hard to see on a mostly white lake sometimes. I saw a few pickups being pulled out that wandered off the trails, but theres a lot of people fishing so if you have a rope, youll likely find someone to help if you get stuck.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit up west lake again yesterday, fish were a little nicer this time!

20220207_171914.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76