The official I Did That scavenger hunt

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put up about 20 of them or so, my sister gave me the stickers, as the guy she was dating had a bunch of them. Anyway, every single one of them has been removed, all at different stations. Even here in oil country apparently making fun of the clown in the oval office is frowned upon. Pretty harmless, and pretty true, but having fun with this is not fun for some.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This isn’t the first time oil price per barrel has been this high. Also isn’t the first time BP or Exxon have made money even in my relatively short lifespan. Not too many times I’ve paid this at the pump.

Absolutely true, but a large number of the smaller companies that were only worth $2-8 billion went under during the previous administration. Whiting, Oasis, and Denbury all declared bankruptcy under Trump. Companies like BP, Shell, Conoco and Exxon were able to weather the low oil prices of the Trump era, but even they were losing money more often than not under Trump. We won't even talk about the havoc wrought upon the oil services companies.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20220601_054721.jpg
U betcha ass he did anyone who says other wise is a dumbass

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely true, but a large number of the smaller companies that were only worth $2-8 billion went under during the previous administration. Whiting, Oasis, and Denbury all declared bankruptcy under Trump. Companies like BP, Shell, Conoco and Exxon were able to weather the low oil prices of the Trump era, but even they were losing money more often than not under Trump. We won't even talk about the havoc wrought upon the oil services companies.
Had a few buddies that worked for Whiting. Bad investments were mostly to blame. They let go a bunch of people while the board members collected big $$$. Whiting is still operating in ND with less people.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im thinking a layer of clear nail polish over the stickers would make them a little harder to remove, or some kind of clear varnish maybe?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a few buddies that worked for Whiting. Bad investments were mostly to blame. They let go a bunch of people while the board members collected big $$$. Whiting is still operating in ND with less people.

Yep, still operating, but investors who owned stock in Whiting lost an awful lot of money when they went through bankruptcy. It will be interesting to see how well they operate once their merger with Oasis comes this fall. Both seemed to have come out of bankruptcy with a quite a bit more restraint when it comes to acquiring debt.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some sympathetic station owners leave them on till a dem comes inside and complain about them. Then they take them off. U can't blame them for not wanting to lose some of their liberal customers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75