Old and slow

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with Tempo Mach 2 appears.

The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!"

He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, and then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks, "Well, how was that?"

The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but now you look!"

The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly stubbornly straight, with the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radios, "Well, how was that?

Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"

The AirBus pilot laughs and says, "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry.

The moral of the story is:

When you are young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important.

This is called S.O.S.: Slower, Older, but Smarter.

Dedicated to all my friends who are like me, now realizing that it is time to slow down and enjoy the rest of the trip. Dedicated to all seniors.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should have incorporated a BJ in the story, would have made the younger more jealous'r

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why i ride a Goldwing and not a Harley scooter.

Set the cruise at 75, radio on to some old time music that i can hear, we both lean back in our sofa type seats, hands off the wheel, air conditioner on and enjoy the ride.
Now and then slow down to 55 and hope a lady will flip me a boob as they drive by (and it does happen). db

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should have incorporated a BJ in the story, would have made the younger more jealous'r

Hell yes. Rarely does a BJ not enhance an anecdote or story. Deep Purple should've included a BJ in Smoke On the Water.

- - - Updated - - -

We all came out to Montreux
To get BJ's on the lake shoreline...

- - - Updated - - -

Best version period:

https://youtu.be/akNlskEqF00

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why i ride a Goldwing and not a Harley scooter.

Set the cruise at 75, radio on to some old time music that i can hear, we both lean back in our sofa type seats, hands off the wheel, air conditioner on and enjoy the ride.
Now and then slow down to 55 and hope a lady will flip me a boob as they drive by (and it does happen). db
There is AC on a goldwing? this I did not know. Awesome.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
John:

The air conditioner:
Dip my shirt in water before driving to control the temp, blower speed by speed of bike.

One of the many features of a Honda besides attracting the ladies desires they have from time to time over a Harley. db

Last edited:

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
The moral of the story is:

When you are young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important.

Says the old person.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
+ old bones take a lot longer to heal. Have never broke one other than a toe or two, but have exposed some to the air. LB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
John:

The air conditioner:
Dip my shirt in water before driving to control the temp, blower speed by speed of bike.

One of the many features of a Honda besides attracting the ladies desires they have from time to time over a Harley. db
Gotcha
I have heated grips and seat, and thought, wow them Japs really thought of everything with there neat foreign scooter’s.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing beats a hog shaking your fucking hands and the sound of power from loud pipes like Tim Allen ug, ug ,ug. I just cant go back to jap bike sorry. I might have changed Harley styles over the years, Street Glide is my old man bike now till I die. I have cruise, GPS and Stereo

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wall:

Like me, bike is old, no GPS.
But both being old, retire and all kinds of time, we just follow the wind to were ever it goes.
Taking breaks as small town bars come along. db

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wall:

Like me, bike is old, no GPS.
But both being old, retire and all kinds of time, we just follow the wind to were ever it goes.
Taking breaks as small town bars come along. db
The only way to ride.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84