Underwater Camera

RRmaniac

Established Member
Thinking about picking up an underwater camera to check for structure and to be able to fish with in somewhat stained water. Looking to spend under $300 if possible. Have been looking at some marcum ones specifically the recon 5. Does anyone have experience with this one or have some other tips or suggestions for me? Thanks, RRmaniac

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would be a bad year for a camera as most lakes have so much snow cover, which affects the light availability for decent viewing. Haven't even taken mine out for that reason.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Briefly owned a high end marcum before returning it. The lights on it were nothing but a gimmick. Maximum visibility of 4-5 ft in clear water, less than 10ft depth, good sunlight, and little or no snow cover. Visibility drops considerably as any of those variables deteriorate. Couldn't see much of anything in 25ft in clear water, good sunlight and a little snow. About 45 minutes before sundown and everything went dark. I could see a use for them checking bottom under ideal conditions but I could never see anything when I really wanted to.

I know others that like them. You might too, just not for me.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Marcum pan camera. It uses my phone/taet as the screen. Whats really nice is you place it over the hole and can swipe right or left on the phone to adjust where you're looking at.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had a Auqa-vu Micro camera, if I remember it costed about $250.00, it did fairly good until a Northern wanted the camera for lunch

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
164579762_max.jpg
This is similar to what I got, mine has been used extensively in Devils Lake areas
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...0CAEQz7YHKBpqFwoTCKCAtJCsu_UCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

RRmaniac

Established Member
Sounds like maybe I shouldn't be buying a camera then. Appreciate the input from you all.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a Marcum 825sd. I bought it from another fella. Having never had one before I love it! Can't believe how many more panfish I've caught because of it. They'll suck in and spit out the bait and you won't even feel it. Basically set the hook when I see it in their mouth. Wonder how many times this has happened over the years with just my vex and had no clue. But low light etc does affect usage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75