The future

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bigger issue is electronic posting of digital land. That will be the virtual end of hunting for sure.

That's funny, but I know of one person who has already invested a couple grand in land in fairy-tale land. I'm sure that even if you can't walk on it, can't touch it some would post it. They are like the little neighbor girl my dad woukd like to tell the story of. Her mother asked why she was crying. She said the cat is looking at me. Her mother says we don't have a cat. The little girl says ya, but if we did.
I can hear the whine already - I had to post my land because virtual hunters didn't respect virtual me and were leaving virtual garbage all over, even around my virtual yard. Some have even poached at virtual night with virtual spotlights and left deep ruts in my virtual field with their virtual 4x4s. Yup I can hear it now. :::

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey, ummm as of this morning I have some virtual land for sale…very cheap too - $1500 per virtual acre and it is PRIME farm land for whatever virtual crops you want to plant and PRIME hunting land for everything that walks, crawls, or flies. Oh and it has a huge virtual lake in the middle stocked with whatever fish you want…fresh or saltwater. Access is blocked for everyone but the landowner and I just put in a brand spanking new virtual boat ramp. This is virtually the best deal you will ever find.

As of now I have 3.5 trillion acres up for sale and I am willing to virtually divide it up or sell as one chunk. Don’t worry, I can virtually divide it so everyone has their own lake too. I will virtually fence it off for you as well if you want in exchange for hunting access to some real land.

PM me if interested, but this land is virtually as good as it gets so it is sure to go fast. Oh, and it’s close enough to home that you can make it there and back without needing another charge on your eco-friendly electric mini hunting car. In fact you don’t even need to leave home which should be a relief to all of you younger folks who don’t know how to change a tire.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be the destruction of this country. End times are a hell of a lot closer than one thinks

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't worry guys, we still have beer!! :;:cheers

Thank goodness.
That makes me think though…I’m sure someone has already found a way to swindle people out of their money by selling virtual beer.
No doubt in my mind there are people willing to buy it if it hasn’t happened yet.

Serious question: You know how they say “you can’t take it with you when you go,” does that apply to things that aren’t real also…like cryptocurrency and virtual land? I mean, it’s make believe stuff that’s all in our heads even though we buy and sell it, so can we actually take THAT with us when we go? I mean we really aren’t taking anything…we have just convinced ourself that we have something to take when we really don’t.
Okay, maybe it’s not a serious question but I feel like nothing is off limits anymore. Literally and virtually nothing is farfetched anymore.

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have ever read Bradbury's Farenheit 451, you need to. That is where we're all headed. Written in 1953, but if you can put yourself in the context of that time, it's very much like today and the discussion of the Metaverse. And in a larger sense where the world is right now. And if you need a less serious but funny picture of where we're headed, watch the movie Idiocracy!

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another good book about the future is "Brave New World." I think it was written in the 30's or 40's.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
No banter from me one way or the other, It's interesting to look at it from all angles. It seems like it can be used as a corruption tool for those people who choose to use it that way. FWIW I think Internet safety should be a mandatory class for kids just like hunter safety.

Internet safety is taught in middle school. How relevant it is, or what they do with it, is up to the kids. But they are being taught. My 13 and 15 yr old daughters are FAR more tech savvy than I ever was, and when I was growing up, I was the one who set the clock on the VCR when my parents couldn't figure it out.

Just last night, my 13 yr old presented us with a slide show, complete with a video, on how she should have an Apple Watch.

Spoiler Alert - she's not getting an Apple Watch.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had never heard of virtual land, art, homes, etc...... so i had to do the google.
Still have no clue how any of this virtual stuff has value but apparently it does

Anyone entering a virtual world can buy or trade art, music and even homes as nonfungible tokens, or NFTs, which are blockchain-based collectibles that are digital representations of real-world items. The NFT serves as proof of ownership and is not interchangeable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/business/metaverse-real-estate.html

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have ever read Bradbury's Farenheit 451, you need to. That is where we're all headed. Written in 1953, but if you can put yourself in the context of that time, it's very much like today and the discussion of the Metaverse. And in a larger sense where the world is right now. And if you need a less serious but funny picture of where we're headed, watch the movie Idiocracy!

More recently, there was a book called The Circle. It was actually made into a movie, starring none other than Tom Hanks and Emma Watson (I believe it bombed), that describes the lunacy of the digital e-world. It's worth a read. Never did see the movie.

It's a dark place we may be headed.

The Circle Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Emma Watson Movie - YouTube

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Internet safety is taught in middle school. How relevant it is, or what they do with it, is up to the kids. But they are being taught. My 13 and 15 yr old daughters are FAR more tech savvy than I ever was, and when I was growing up, I was the one who set the clock on the VCR when my parents couldn't figure it out.

Just last night, my 13 yr old presented us with a slide show, complete with a video, on how she should have an Apple Watch.

Spoiler Alert - she's not getting an Apple Watch.

It's refreshing to know that schools make an effort to teach the kiddos about internet safety. I recently heard about some school playground talk, an 11 year old was boasting to her friends that she dumped her old boyfriend for a new internet boyfriend.

Most likely just trying to pretend she is all grown up but the internet can be a very dangerous place for vulnerable kids and adults who don't have a grip on reality .

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good read . Done it 3 times and will again . Any Rand 1957 .

7189SFT92BL._AC_SY780_.jpeg

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yea I’m selling insurance for all your virtual purchases! Simple plan $100 a year cash
Covers everything and we throw in a years worth of blue sky and rainbows now I just need to find a million fucking idiots to buy into it. Anyone? Anyone?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another way for a fool to be parted with their money. I was blown away when I heard fantasy football was a billion dollar industry. Ready player one is a good example of what the multiverse could be. Virtual reality is a way for people to escape the reality they are dissatisfied with. Movies and stardom in the 1920-30's were the same thing. For my particular field, I can see the drift toward immersive virtual reality. Agriculture is already well on it's way to automated farming.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a digital land rush apparently, get it while you can!

[video]https://www.wimp.com/investors-pay-millions-for-real-estate-in-metaverse/[/video]

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Scared to leave your house, but still need to take offense to something? Fear not, Karen -- we got you. Welcome to the Metaverse!Screenshot_20220130-082910_Chrome.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
FTX and the billions in loses, maybe this fake shit isn't neat.

Glad I didn't cash out all my savings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76