DLVFD 2022 is a go

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going up there for the first time this year. I can't wait to finally check this one off the bucket list.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does one need a bombardier to get onto the ice yet up there?
Guessing they maybe plow some roads in the fishing area?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does one need a bombardier to get onto the ice yet up there?
Guessing they maybe plow some roads in the fishing area?

Parking is in a field near the lake. They push snow in wind rows for parking. They do plow/push snow in rows where they drill holes for ppl to fish. They do this friday. It is quite the operation.

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should allow Vexilars and all the latest toys, would be sweet to see that area buzzing with all the goodies.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should allow Vexilars and all the latest toys, would be sweet to see that area buzzing with all the goodies.

I like the way it is since the playing field is level and nobody has an advantage with fancy electronics.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the way it is since the playing field is level and nobody has an advantage with fancy electronics.
I prefer the ability for some guys to get the advantage, cant hide dog kennels through the ice..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Is it really a tournament when some one else is drilling holes and your not finding your own spots? More of a good time with a chance to win prizes.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Although the drawings take place at the Memorial building saturday nite, and it will be packed, most every other bar in town will broadcasting on TV as well. Big shot in the arm for local bars/restaurants! I think on NDTC TV, channel 1. Or KZZY radio. 103.5. One of these years I am due to win something! I did buy a ticket again so at least I have a chance!

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it really a tournament when some one else is drilling holes and your not finding your own spots? More of a good time with a chance to win prizes.
It is not a tournament, it is a derby, big difference, when the prizes are not given on the order of best it is a derby and not tournament. Hence fair playing field and I know and am okay with this going into it. Guess this is just my opinion.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the firemen converted to all electric augers yet
Not sure. I haven't worked the event in a while. They USED to buy about 15 new gas jiffy's each year. They get about 60-80 volunteers..booster club dads and sons/daughters, scouts, etc to help drill holes. They have a free breakfast at the KC hall before heading to the lake saturday morning. They team up in like groups of 4. 2 on an auger while the other 2 follow behind in pickups, then rotate when tired. They used to do like 17 rows east/west and a few rows north south and then the perimeter.. think they would do like 100 holes on the one side of the row and come back the other side of the row with another 100 so approx. 200 per lane/row. It ended up with about 4500 holes. Depending on ice thickness they get done a little bit before ppl can enter the area at 11am for the 1pm start.
They give those 15 augers away each year at the appreciation party/meal in feb for all the volunteers that helped in some fashion...be it drilling holes, registration, gates, parking, security, etc. Probably over 200 names on the volunteer list.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure. I haven't worked the event in a while. They USED to buy about 15 new gas jiffy's each year. They get about 60-80 volunteers..booster club dads and sons/daughters, scouts, etc to help drill holes. They have a free breakfast at the KC hall before heading to the lake saturday morning. They team up in like groups of 4. 2 on an auger while the other 2 follow behind in pickups, then rotate when tired. They used to do like 17 rows east/west and a few rows north south and then the perimeter.. think they would do like 100 holes on the one side of the row and come back the other side of the row with another 100 so approx. 200 per lane/row. It ended up with about 4500 holes. Depending on ice thickness they get done a little bit before ppl can enter the area at 11am for the 1pm start.
They give those 15 augers away each year at the appreciation party/meal in feb for all the volunteers that helped in some fashion...be it drilling holes, registration, gates, parking, security, etc. Probably over 200 names on the volunteer list.

I was wondering is all would be a great way to see if those electric augers can handle drilling that many holes or how many holes a element auger can actually drill. Real data

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time i went - water was all over the ice year - -not that long ago.

Derby was over and i was walking off the ice pulling my sled -- some drunk steps into the water wanted to fight. No shit. I am at the derb with my wife; i was behaving and walking off the ice quietly. I am tired and knew it could be drowning fest - so i threw my phone in the sled and said bring it. Who knows it was probably lslayer you never know. Anyway his buddy grabbed him and pushed him in the water. that ended it.

Then a few years before that it was the normal cold fest. Wind blowing out of the NW 30mph and below zero. The guy next to me starting building up some snow blocks to block the wind. Then the tourney directors stopped by and made him tear it down --- i am like why?

That derby can be up and down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75