Fooken eh man

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember when I was a kid back in the late 50's. I was ice fishing with my Dad on a local lake that at that time the perch bit was crazy. We were out there in Dads 51 chevy pickup / family car. We are sitting on 5 gal buckets and chipped holes with 1/2 rods with a sickel blade welded on the end, worked quite well. Up next to us pulls a 40 something ford car and the passenger is setting backwards. He fiddles around in the back seat a bit and then the car backs up. He was marking holes to be drilled. They had some sort of starter rigged up to an auger and used the car battery to drill holes and then pulled forward over the holes. At that time the driver swivels his front seat around to he also is facing backwards, Back seat was out and open to the trunk where all the fishing stuff was stored. So there they were fishing in comfort, warm and what ever you could ask for right at hand. Remember hearing the fish they caught flopping around in the trunk where they threw them. It was like a Wil-craft that didnt float that only cost a 100 bucks. I am sure thats all it was used for just hose it out real good at the end of season and crush all the beer cans. LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh Hell No! It's hard enough to shovel out a 4 wheel drive truck that's stuck in the snow. That thing is a HEART ATTACK waiting to happen WHEN you get that thing stuck in the snow on the lake. I'll fish out the door of the truck if I want to fish out of a automobile.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70