Lake Winnipeg 2021/2022

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember a long time ago several Fargo pro fisherman whom I and many other members belonged to FM Walleyes and fished in big tournaments discovered this place. Shortly after word spread like wildfire, now this was fishing out of Selkirk in boats in the late fall. We hammered so many big fish it was insane. Many world class fish over 12 to 16 lbs are on walls. Then shortly after ice fishing took off what a blast. I will not go up either will all the bullshit. I have friends go up in boats last fall when they opened up and since than things have changed way to often as far as rules. Don't need headache, each their own.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wall-eyes....same story for Tobin lake back in the day,seldom hear about the giant eyes caught late fall during the world walleye championship,I do know alot of use quit going up there as the hassel from province wardens...mucho grondy walleyes 12lbs and up,none as pretty as those green backs tho,good times.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wall-eyes....same story for Tobin lake back in the day,seldom hear about the giant eyes caught late fall during the world walleye championship,I do know alot of use quit going up there as the hassel from province wardens...mucho grondy walleyes 12lbs and up,none as pretty as those green backs tho,good times.
Last trips up to Tobin we had a difficult time catching anything over 30", and like you say the results of the big tournament was depleting yr by yr

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
slayer,my time up there was early 1990's,I remember two consecutive years during the championship guyz from north dakota broke the provice walleye record,last year up it was 16.4 I think,might be different now?

Buddy/co-fisherman broke the walleye line record might still hold today,to lazy to look it up,10.4 on 4lb test trilene xl, (jim klick from white bear lake minn.)

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes I do it things just changed like cycle.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember a long time ago several Fargo pro fisherman whom I and many other members belonged to FM Walleyes and fished in big tournaments discovered this place. Shortly after word spread like wildfire, now this was fishing out of Selkirk in boats in the late fall. We hammered so many big fish it was insane. Many world class fish over 12 to 16 lbs are on walls. Then shortly after ice fishing took off what a blast. I will not go up either will all the bullshit. I have friends go up in boats last fall when they opened up and since than things have changed way to often as far as rules. Don't need headache, each their own.
I’m not as motivated to get up to Lake Winnipeg after they let the commercial fishermen up their net hole size so they could catch and decimate the trophy fish population. A guy had a real great chance at a teener before that change, now a guy is lucky to catch one over 11-12. They really ruined the tourism with that dumb rule change that it’s hard to forgive them.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any recent reports? I leave friday evening.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No fish reports, but just that it's been tougher and tougher to get around. Been so windy and cold as of late. Good luck!

Well I've got tracks and the weather for this weekend look pretty decent compared to what we have had so far this winter so hopefully we do alright. All the snow just means less trucks out there moving in on us.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
With this winter ---- if i wasnt busy with work -- my truck and boat would be on highway 29 (before the blizzard) --- and heading south and to lake fork before Alton thought about pitchin his spinnerbait.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I've got tracks and the weather for this weekend look pretty decent compared to what we have had so far this winter so hopefully we do alright. All the snow just means less trucks out there moving in on us.

That is the truth, but I'm sure those crazy Canuks already have a single lane road opened up from the EOM to the mouth. Temps do look better for the weekend but not the damn wind. Hope you get into them Jigaman!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why in the hell would anybody in their right mind support the communist republic of Canada at this point.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is the truth, but I'm sure those crazy Canuks already have a single lane road opened up from the EOM to the mouth. Temps do look better for the weekend but not the damn wind. Hope you get into them Jigaman!

What site do you use for weather up there? Below is for Selkirk from weather channel. Wind looks decent according to them so thats the one I want to follow!

cache.php

- - - Updated - - -
Untitled.png

Attachments

Untitled.png

Founding Member
Founding Member
This week did not suck down here with the mild weather. A couple midteeners and 9 over 10# all released. #$%^&>:;:thumbsup
20220218_063733.jpgScreenshot_20220221-200815_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Seems folks are too willing to ignore their morals for big fish, or they're commie pricks :;:huh

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
A guy can't trust those calculation charts catdaddy, she was big but not that big.
My buddy caught an officially weighed 18 lber last spring it was just 32.25 with a 22" girth. Fattest one ive ever seen in the boat was just 29 1/2" but it went 14lbs 2 oz!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80