Lake Winnipeg 2021/2022

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to take multiple trips with the first being the end of February. I have been hearing lots of different stories/rumors regarding border crossing. Has anyone been up there recently? Also, how was fishing?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
yeah crossing to and from is a shit show,buddy was up last month,jab card 72hr negitive swab,he said not going back ever.

Best call to be sure,might be different regualtions for different provinces? this trip was manitoba.

Last edited:

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need proof of vax as well as a negative PCR test within 72 hours of crossing into canada. you may also be randomly selected to have to take another test when you get there. If you are a chosen one, i believe you have to wait for the proper authorities to take the test before you're allowed to do anything.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need proof of vax as well as a negative PCR test within 72 hours of crossing into canada. you may also be randomly selected to have to take another test when you get there. If you are a chosen one, i believe you have to wait for the proper authorities to take the test before you're allowed to do anything.

Thats stupid. I hope whoever is coming to test me has tracks or they won't be able to get to me...

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fishing has been very tough....... recently

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy's fiance is from Winnipeg. He was one of the 10% a week or two ago. It was a self test that he took and mailed out. They also need a quarantine plan Incase they test positive.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Its not hard at all, in fact I've had more difficult border crossings before the pandemic. Funny how all these "horror" stories about crossing are 2nd and 3rd hand info or from "my buddys, daughters, boyfriends, mom..."

You need: Proof of vaccination. Fill out the Arrivcan questionnaire and get (and have proof) a negative PCR test within 72 hours of crossing, Then have your paperwork at the ready and you'll fly right through.
Oh and the "random testing when you get there" is done right at the border. They aren't going to chase you down on the lake or in your AirBNB to give you some random test.

The rules are the same across all of the provinces.

The BS that flies around by some on this site is pretty laughable sometimes.

Last edited:

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats stupid. I hope whoever is coming to test me has tracks or they won't be able to get to me...

I meant you take the test right there when you cross the border and hand it to whomever it is that collects them is all...
They have been changing the rules on a regular basis since this all started so how things go for you make be different than what it was 2 weeks ago. Best off checking with the border right before you take off, I know Canada has an app for citizens that keeps track of all your paperwork, not sure if that's required for non-residents or not.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would suggest fishing anywhere else, until these effn Canadians figure out their shit.

Vax card? WTF

Plenty of awesome places to fish without supporting communism.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would suggest fishing anywhere else, until these effn Canadians figure out their shit.

Vax card? WTF

Plenty of awesome places to fish without supporting communism.

I respectfully disagree.

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_5256 (Edited).jpg

IMG_6799 (Edited).jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I respectfully disagree.

IMG_4142.jpeg

IMG_4143.jpeg

1703253424393.png

1703253480498.png

1703253480498.png
I have made the trip over from Dickinson, which is a lovely 11 hour venture, not the 4 hours it takes you...haha about 4 times. It was a blast, caught the biggest Walleyes I have ever caught up there.

Still would never make the trip with the requirements they are forcing on us Americans, they can shove their vaccination cards up the wazoo.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have made the trip over from Dickinson, which is a lovely 11 hour venture, not the 4 hours it takes you...haha about 4 times. It was a blast, caught the biggest Walleyes I have ever caught up there.

Still would never make the trip with the requirements they are forcing on us Americans, they can shove their vaccination cards up the wazoo.

Yeah, that's quite the haul. Actually can make it to Selkirk in about 3 hours.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those greenback pics are beautiful. I admit a tinge of jealousy.

The requirements to get in though, are pretty stringent. And they're not going to lessen anytime soon.

I spent a last week in AZ, and while it's a highly right-leaning, republican state, I had a grand time not worrying one iota about COVID. While there, I spoke with Canadians who were at Barrett-Jackson, and they were not happy with what they had to go through, to return home.

PS - there are lots of big walters right here in ND.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
True JayKay and south dakota,but those green backs are beautiful but not worth the hassel going to and from,but thats my take,MM how old are those pics?Last trip up it was rare to snap a 10lb plus for our group,but still plenty of action in the mid 20's

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
True JayKay and south dakota,but those green backs are beautiful but not worth the hassel going to and from,but thats my take,MM how old are those pics?Last trip up it was rare to snap a 10lb plus for our group,but still plenty of action in the mid 20's

2017-2019

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73