Navionics and Humminbird

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
https://youtu.be/1rRs4pzeUNY

This video makes it look like it is possible to use the Navionics map chip in a Humminbird unit. I didn’t think that was possible. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge on this, before I buy another map chip?

If the water levels stay the same, I think I’m going to be using both, the LakeMaster chip and the Navionics chip. At the current level, LakeMaster only has 1’ contours down to about 20 fow, and Navionics has the deeper stuff covered well, but the shallower stuff not so much.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels Bismarck told me "only" Lakemaster with Bird so I trusted him and went that route. Hope he wasn't feeding me BS

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can confirm that the navionics cards work in a Humminbird. I have them in my second card slot on my Birds.

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use aNavionics in my Humminbird

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why would ya? lake master surpasses navi for structure zoom and harzard markers on the goto lakes in my area,which is really useful early fall when hazard makers are pulled,reefs on LOW has claimed many lower units in sept,however navi has more lakes nationwide,but having a choice on mapping data,"lake master".IMPO..

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish the same 5-7 spots every year, no mapping needed. The fish move from high to low, and its pretty easy to follow them even just using a calendar in the area I have put the last 21 years into.
However in the winter a buddy has an app on his phone that tells us the exact depth we are parked on, which sure kicks ass when the water is way down like it is now.

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is good to know, Lake master did not work well last year on Oahe with the water so low. Worked fine for shallow water but not out deep. What Navionics card is the best for Oahe in South Dakota?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish the same 5-7 spots every year, no mapping needed. The fish move from high to low, and its pretty easy to follow them even just using a calendar in the area I have put the last 21 years into.
However in the winter a buddy has an app on his phone that tells us the exact depth we are parked on, which sure kicks ass when the water is way down like it is now.

What is this app he is using if I may ask that can detect depth of water (changes) ? I'm all in as sonar will not shoot thru clouded ice.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is this app he is using if I may ask that can detect depth of water (changes) ? I'm all in as sonar will not shoot thru clouded ice.
I don’t know, but will post when I find out.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

Phone app has a feature in which just set the water level; supposedly it will do it auto on the coastal waters via internet connection.

my old bird will take both maps.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66