Subaru

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Really impressed with the " snow plow" ability of my wifes Forester. Blew out to the county road and didnt miss a beat. County road was a little bit nasty because a 4X4 pickup had went before me and Suby's wheel track dont fit so it bounces you around some. All in all pretty good for a little SUV. I will keep my pickups just for the "Non ball sack removal factor". LB

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member

The kid survived with a little bruising and some scratches - it was a Subaru. All of the air bags deployed........

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LB,it's required you attach a rainbow flag to radio antenna to your ru....j/k sorry LB standing joke in my area... seems our Lqueer folks in mpls love these rue's you speak of.No offense.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have had our Forester for 2 years now and I think I have drove it for maybe a Thousand miles. I usually ride in pass seat with sunglasses and ball cap pulled down tight so no one knows. I know about nothing on how to run all the shit that is in it, with all the cameras and lane departure, auto this and auto that I am totally lost. Its just not a 72 chev pickup of my younger days or my 2007 f150 or f250 that I know how to work. LB

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a '14 or '15 Subaru Legacy sedan as a work car for about 80K Mi. It was plenty dependable and as capable as one could hope for in a car that's still pretty low to the ground. It would be a great car for someone who doesn't do a lot of out of town travel. On long road-trips the seats aren't all that comfortable and there was a lot of road-noise as well.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard guys that drive subarus use rubber gloves to bait their hook.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the horse you rode in on.::: LB

Please refrain from disrespecting people until they have a chance to get to their safe space. You probably have a Bernie sticker on your bumper too dontcha?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guyz make my face hurt....thanx.

On the upside the rue's were advertised as U.S.A ski team offical car for many years,infact one see's plenty of rue's in western ski resorts,highly prized by the ski bum crowd,I'm told not only are they (rue's) great on snowy terrain but also decent fuel economy.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Please refrain from disrespecting people until they have a chance to get to their safe space. You probably have a Bernie sticker on your bumper too dontcha?
Not in this life time. LB

- - - Updated - - -

You guyz make my face hurt....thanx.

On the upside the rue's were advertised as U.S.A ski team offical car for many years,infact one see's plenty of rue's in western ski resorts,highly prized by the ski bum crowd,I'm told not only are they (rue's) great on snowy terrain but also decent fuel economy.
This winter about 26 to 28mpg and in the summer about 30mpg depends on how much head wind your bucking. Tail wind and you will get 33mpg. Wife drives 65 miles oneway to work. About 5 miles country 55 inter state and 5 miles city. So for a 4 wheel drive that is full time I can live with that, and she keeps her foot in it. Always at least 5 miles over all the time. I have told her she is 5' on the left side and 5'3" on the right. Walks like an old Railroad worker. Didnt go over that well. LB

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i owed an older legacy for a few years. loved that car. built solid and the AWD was 2nd to none.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend calls them a granola, as you have to be from Washington state, not wear deodorant, rainbow flag on the bumper, and a manbun.
Being a full on queer wouldn't hurt either.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know tons of people that drive a Subaru. It's what I was looking for when shopping a commuter but was able to find another AWD vehicle that was a bit cheaper. I got a buddy up here that only has a Subaru that kills more than the plague. They're just flat out practical when you live in a place where waiting out the storm isn't an option, the roads have ice 6 months a year, and it snows for 8.

I used to make fun of a friend back in ND during college that had one but he had it figured out. That thing was always full of decoys and he said he has no problem driving in fields to set up. Swore on his life that it was the most practical hunting rig around. He would spend all weekend hunting out of that thing - would set up decoys at night and get a good nights sleep stretched out in the hatch back area.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
wj,your post brought back memories in my younger days,free lance hunting,couldn't afford a burb or 4x4 pickup,so my job had me in a AWD mid sized chevrolet astro van ,8 passenger,every weekend pulled the rear seats out,loaded my dekes and headed out,used a mini coleman heater camping out in that thing,ran circles around stuck 4x's as the van was lite weight and wouldn't bog down in soft fields,it was like a poor man's suburban,decent milage as well,wish they still made those vans.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Holy crap, there's nothing left. Might have to show to wife. LB

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
LB I like how you put your initials behind everything you post. Makes me think you’re a genuine dude. Disregard my safe space comment.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LB I like how you put your initials behind everything you post. Makes me think you’re a genuine dude. Disregard my safe space comment.
I am just really old so I put them there least I forget. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73